• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Looking at the reviews, most of the complaints are about the clamps and they point out that the Tipton is plastic. Still, most seem to like it. Frankly, the clamp comments make me hesitate.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    I have one and it works great as an extra pair of hands and or to hold a rifle or pistol for minor cleaning or adjusting a scope. However, the plastic clamps are not meant for serious work. Having said that, for $49 I would buy another one.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I have one as well.

As mentioned above, it's great just for keeping a rifle in a given position, and steady, while you perform simple tasks. Not intended (nor should it be used) for serious wrenching, but scope mounting and boresighting, and cleaning, which are the two most common things you do with firearms other than pewpewpew, are made *MUCH* easier with it.

Plus it holds guns steady for photos to post on the interwebs. :D

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Looking at the reviews, most of the complaints are about the clamps and they point out that the Tipton is plastic. Still, most seem to like it. Frankly, the clamp comments make me hesitate.

Ignore the reviews for that price. I've owned the vise for years. It does a great job of safely holding handguns and long guns firmly in place. To damage the clamps, you would have to intentionally overtighten beyond common sense. Regardless, for what this vise is made for, it's much better if misuse causes a clamp to crack before serious gun damage occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom