• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Average AK is ~7lbs or so. Anybody know where the extra 2lbs is on this one? I know the 1.5mm receiver is some of it but where's the rest coming from?

Might be worth $600 to pick one up. It's just 9.1 lbs is up in the weight range of a .308 AR variant. I keep coming back to why tote the extra weight...

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    ********. Own an M10 and shot half a dozen different AK variants. Out of the 4 different M10s I handled None had front sight cant. Can't say the same for many arsenals I've handled. No noticeable difference in accuracy over romanian vs. Bulgarian vs. Russian. These "romanian" are shit myths have to die. After all the aks being used to kill our boys over in the gan and iraq are sourced from far shittier parts and from all over.

Nice try but I never said Romanian guns were shit, their QC is off more-so than other eastern bloc countries. Primary reason for this is all the experienced machinist were purged in the late 70's

I can tell you are either:

A.Taking your weapons choice personally
    B. Have little experience with AK's
    C. All of the above

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I picked one up. I figure for ~$600...why not.

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking on it. Maybe it's me but I like that engraved crest...and the rough wood...and that it's a close M70 replica...and the price...

Just get one of these...you can do the conversion and still be under $600. I've put atleast 3000 rnds through mine I and I have not one bad thing to say about this firearm.

http://www.classiccityfirearms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=253

That's on the list too, just trying to wait for a $300 special.

Before SB821 I paid no real attention to AKs. Now I'm buying one with classic wood, a Saiga for a 103-style conversion and SBRing a PAP M92.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    That takes the standard ak mag right?

I'm really regretting not getting my designate collector last year, id buy two at that price...

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Got to visit mine at the FFL yesterday. Seems like a solid weapon though I only held it. Won't know for sure until I can get it to the range. Live scan should be in in 5-7 business days and that starts the 8 day countdown. So about two more weeks and I'll be able to pick it up. I ordered a sh!t ton of magazines for mine. Several 40 rounders and a couple of 48 rounders too. If you have to live in MD, it's good to make friends in VA.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Anybody shoot theirs yet? Can I get a quick review? I'm in the midst of the great wait for mine.

I just got my mags today. Rifle came with a 30 round. I ordered two 40's and 2 48's and the company {CDNN} gave me a third 48 rounder. Picking my rifle up from FFL on Friday. I'll shoot it Saturday morning. I'll post info after firing it. I have mags and ammo waiting. Just gotta make it until Friday morning.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Anybody shoot theirs yet? Can I get a quick review? I'm in the midst of the great wait for mine.

Yes, as mentioned - it's freaking heavy, but it's also pretty damn accurate. I shot it from bags at 50 yards just for shits and grins and was impressed. I'll see if still have the target. And zero problems through 80 rounds or so.

You will need to spend some time cleaning it before you shoot. Mine looked like it had the bolt dipped in motor oil for shipping. No biggie.

Overall, I'm really pleased. The stocks are clean and gouge-free and will be easy to refinish if I want to. My only complaint is that the sight is slightly canted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom