• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    ALL FFLs can do it, however they can choose to not do it, it is not a requirement. Ask them why they won't do it. My FFL said as long as I have purchased a regulated firearm through them already they will do it. And of course, I have. Maybe your FFL didn't get the email from the MSP with instructions on how to properly release after 8 days. Maybe ask them to contact the MSP regarding this. Remember, your FFL isn't doing you any favors. You're paying them for their service. If they are able to release to you in 8 days legally, why wouldn't they? Likely it is because they don't know they can. Inform them.

ziptiespec

My M10 will be here today. I asked my FFL about doing a 8-10 day release and he said it isn't possible. How can some places do it?

That's awesome that it's arriving today. It sucks that you're not going to be able to pick it up within a reasonable amount of time.

Is your FFL a shop? Mine is just a guy that does these transfers on the side, out of his house. I think I'm going to be in the same boat as you :(

As far as what's "possible", I think the law states that a dealer "may" release a firearm without getting an ND from MSP. It ultimately falls on the FLL holder as to whether they feel comfortable releasing w/o the ND.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I picked up 5 boxes of the Herter's and a box of 100 9mm Remington just now. Thanks!

Why didn't the Herter's show up on Cabela's page but did in your link? Weird

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Went and did my paperwork for mine yesterday. They also gave me the two lowers that they had been sitting on for three weeks! Told me to come in and pick up the AK on Wednesday. It was so pretty even with the grease all over it. And only have to wait a week! On the downside, they've raised their transfer price from $60 to $80! Not happy about that.

ziptiespec

Went and did my paperwork for mine yesterday. They also gave me the two lowers that they had been sitting on for three weeks! Told me to come in and pick up the AK on Wednesday. It was so pretty even with the grease all over it. And only have to wait a week! On the downside, they've raised their transfer price from $60 to $80! Not happy about that.

Man, that's awesome. How'd the front sight look? Were you able to test fit any mags to see how sloppy/tight the magwell is?

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    :tdown:
    Man, that's awesome. How'd the front sight look? Were you able to test fit any mags to see how sloppy/tight the magwell is?

The sights looked fine. Didn't bring any mags with me so nothing to report there. The gun was covered in grease which I think is normal. I already want an adjustable stock though! I have some long arms and would love to make the stock longer.

Did yours arrive yet?

ziptiespec

Did yours arrive yet?

Thanks for the report on the sights etc. Mine is being delivered today and I'll probably fill out the papers on Friday. I also don't have any mags to test with. Might run to DE to see if I can find a couple...

Is their a trick to get the ffl to release after 10 days?

It's ultimately the FFL's decision. I've just been communicating my my FFL about the 8-day release that other shops are doing. It sounds like he's considering it but wants to confer with his lawyer first. Is your FFL just giving you a flat "no"?

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Yup. Basically he wants to wait the 12 weeks for MD approval.

Since the law says an FFL MAY release after 7 days, they are allowed to wait longer if they choose. Only real recourse besides trying to convince them is to take your business elsewhere. Maybe letting them know you're planning to go somewhere else will make them reconsider. I have no idea why some FFLs won't do 8 day transfers now with the new instructions from the MSP.

neversatisfiedj

Apr 16, 2013
    Registered mine yesterday as well. Also covered in oil. Rifle is very light and shorter than I would have thoiught. Mine shipped w/ 10 rnd mag. Tapco. Fit fine. Need some optics for it and I am set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom