Who did you vote for MD Governor (2018 election)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who did you vote for in the 2018 Maryland Governor race?

• Larry Hogan

Votes: 301 80.3%
    • Ben Jealous

Votes: 11 2.9%
    • Shawn Quinn

Votes: 40 10.7%
    • Ian Schlakman

Votes: 1 0.3%
    • other/write-in/left blank

Votes: 22 5.9%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Hogan, also with some reluctance. That said, and fully aware of the division that exists within MDS on this issue, I respect everyone's decision to vote their conscience and not yield on principle.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I voted for the Libertarian. Between the Red Flag nonsense and his gutting of LEOBR, I just couldn't vote for Hogan. To those of you who did that unpleasant task and saved us from Jealous, thank you. I just couldn't.

Voted Wolf for AG.

And wrote in Snoopy for the Court of Appeals.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I voted for the Libertarian. Between the Red Flag nonsense and his gutting of LEOBR, I just couldn't vote for Hogan. To those of you who did that unpleasant task and saved us from Jealous, thank you. I just couldn't.

Voted Wolf for AG.

I said the same thing about Trump, but caved in the end. Lesser of two evils. As of now, I see no alternative for 2020.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Voted Wolf for AG.

Now that the voting is over, I did the same. Except for Snoopy, lol. If it was neck and neck, I might have supported Hogan, but it really was a one man race, so why not let some Democrats pull the lever for him instead (and I don't mean this as a pejorative toward conservative Democrats nor am I casting shade at Republican voters here that voted for him). Hogan lost my support.

I do think it could be closer than early October polls suggested though.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    As much as I agree with you in that respect...

HOW, exactly, do we fix that by throwing votes to folks who will NEVER help us?

Want to change that?

It starts with getting a VIABLE other party candidate into the race. Until THAT day comes... dumping votes into mid air will NEVER benefit us any more than pissing into the wind will keep our pant legs dry.

Quote of the day.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    With 99.7% of precincts counted ...

Hogan, Larry
    56.21%

Jealous, Ben
    42.75%

Quinn, Shawn
    0.57%

Schlakman, Ian
    0.47%

Hogan said in his acceptance speech that 100s of thousands of Democrats voted for him.

If past numbers of Democrats (and those that lean Democrat) in Maryland compromising a 2 to 1 majority over Republican leaning voters remains true, and making the big assumption that turnout was comparable between these groups, then roughly 1.4 million Democrats voted in the Governor's race. Assuming that the wide majority of Jealous voters were Democrats, it suggests that 500k Democrats didn't vote for him and chose Hogan instead (who also got 700k Republican voters).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Right down to standing in the booth, I finally just voted for the less radical Democrat.

I hold absolutely no hope of him supporting or even slowing the dismantling of the 2A in this state. In this regard you're kidding yourself by thinking BJ would have been THAT much worse. All we've managed to do is delay it a cycle until Frosh is in the mansion. Sorry, but with MD getting unbelievably even bluer than it was, Hogan won't do d!ck to stop the bleeding.

Hey, but at least maybe another toll will go down, right?

I was really hoping for a Wolf miracle.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Everyone I vote for loosing is the norm , and exceptions are few ( not counting pres candidates that lost the Md electoral vote, but prevailed nationally ) . I'll have to think if there has been one since Jim Alussi retired .

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Quinn, less than 1%. What a 3rd party option.

That’s probably the total amount of true 2a supporters there are in md

Since I gave my word and myself and my people all voted for hogan and he won by such a margin I feel like a traitor , and when lawn chair Larry rapes us for the next four sessions I will only myself to blame

Goodbye second amendment in Maryland

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The very painful reality is. Maryland voters do not care about their rights. The 2nd amendment and the rest are not on the mind of sheeple. It's hard to accept, but that's what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom