• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Don't we sign away part of our rights by giving them permission to search with the mental background supplement paper while doing the 77r?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Don't we sign away part of our rights by giving them permission to search with the mental background supplement paper while doing the 77r?

That merely gives DHMH permission to share our files with MSP. I don't recall signing anything, or reading anything in Statute or Regulation, which permits MSP to share that information in the opposite direction.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    They have to clear out the system. HQL's have to be issued after 30 days. If they aren't done with your background check, they have to issue the HQL.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This is a typical progressive dirty trick ...

Owe'Malley will claim that he's 'helping' clear the backlog, all the while he is compromising the 4th, 5th, and 9th Amendments along with the 2nd ... AND he did it on a Friday so as to circumvent any legal recourse, making it difficult to find a judge to issue an injunction stopping the action.

SUE THE BASTARDS !!! :mad54:

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    It seems to be at the least a serious breach of personal information.

Unless it was a deliberate breach of personal information, though I think it more likely that they are grasping at straws to try to deflect responsibilty for letting the process get so entirely out of hand as it is now.

is there any recourse open to take them to task over this?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    COMAR-- http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=29.03.01.06.htm

"The State Police shall review the application for accuracy, omissions, or discrepancies before investigating the applicant. "

"C. Upon proper completion of the application form, the dealer, dealer's designee, or designated law enforcement agency shall forward the original white hard copy of the necessary forms to the Firearms Registration Section. Upon receipt of the properly completed forms, the State Police shall conduct the required investigation"

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Am I missing something? The MARYLAND STATE POLOCE are REQUIRED to do the investigation and to check out the apps. NOT ANY OTHER AGENCY OR ITS EMPLOYEES.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You all didn't see this coming? I'm sorry but MD is on a fast track to surpass NY, NJ, CA, CT, MA, etc. as the most hostile toward gun owners in the country.

This crap has passed muster elsewhere, I wish I could have hope to turn things around, but I'm doubting it more and more all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is a typical progressive dirty trick ...

Owe'Malley will claim that he's 'helping' clear the backlog, all the while he is compromising the 4th, 5th, and 9th Amendments along with the 2nd ... AND he did it on a Friday so as to circumvent any legal recourse, making it difficult to find a judge to issue an injunction stopping the action.

SUE THE BASTARDS !!! :mad54:

My thoughts, almost to "T"

SecProg for 100,000, Alex.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    This Governor is out of control and the legislature is complicit in their silence. I was in western Montgomery County today looking across the river pondering how much better life would be in Free America.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    ... and then a laptop with all the information will be stolen from an unsecured vehicle in a bad neighborhood .... been there, done that with the PRofM.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Would love to see where I granted them permission to share those data points...

+1. Don't recall that on the 77R.

I am absolutely disgusted with my government. First they make me write down all of my information, then they treat it like front page news.

They played games with these wait times for 9 months and now they want to bring in any warm body to solve their problems????

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    O. M. G.

Somebody get to court ASAP and file an emergency injunction on this. Now.

It's 9pm on Friday night. This action is supposed to occur this weekend. Short of finding a 2A friendly judge who will come in on his day off and issue said injunction(if that's even possible), we are fvcked for now. Maybe we can get punitive damages after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom