• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm going to do my best to scoot out of work a little early. I want to be there around 6 at the latest. I imagine that the debate will be going on for quite some time tonight.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm at work until I can finish up a few things for the day, but am hoping to be out of here by 3-ish, showing up around 4-ish.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    The thing that's killing me the most folks is both good and bad: The wife is making a boat load and traveling like a maniac, so I'm watching our infant and this has been keeping me stuck at home or around home.

I've got to say thank you to all of the folks that have been getting their behinds to Annapolis.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Go to the House of Delegates and look in the lobby, then check the hallway of the Judiciary Committee, then Smigiel's office 323. You should find a MDS contingent in one of those places.

We will make it even easier, go to the overflow room that was used the last couple of times.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    "Amendments can then be offered from the floor by any member. After all amendments are considered, the presiding officer orders the bill to be printed for its third and final reading."

From the legislation process, does this mean this could go on all night again?

yes. it also means that if the democrats are under orders to reject all amendments, and they do so, that the printing is already done, and it potentially may get a 3rd reading and final vote in the house tonight.

JasonW

Feb 26, 2013
    We will make it even easier, go to the overflow room that was used the last couple of times.

So when my wife gets there at about 2:00 or so, I'll tell her to go straight to the house of delegates building to the same overflow room she was in on Friday. I guess there will be instructions on what to do or where to be to be most effective?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    yes. it also means that if the democrats are under orders to reject all amendments, and they do so, that the printing is already done, and it potentially may get a 3rd reading and final vote in the house tonight.

This makes sense, however why did they Dems pass amendments during committee?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Having never been there, where is this?

The House of Delegates is 6 Bladen Street, looking from the State House/Lawyer's mall, it's the first building on the right across College Avenue. Go through security about halfway down the building, into the lobby, turn right, and straight back. The overflow room is straight ahead.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

No it won't they would need an additional session for 3rd reading and we don't see them spending all night just to adjurn and come back 60 minutes later to pass this on 3rd reading, where even more amendments could be brought.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    This makes sense, however why did they Dems pass amendments during committee?

The liberal, anti-gun Democrats are divided on some issues, including certain mental health disqualifications, and the Simmons Amendment (imposing a firearms disqualification on people who have received Probation Before Judgment for certain crimes). As far as I could tell, however, no amendment actively opposed by the governor's staff was adopted in the House committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom