• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Power67Stroke

Sep 7, 2016
    So After a month of having my application they have finally cashed my check. For those of you that have been thru this process how long did it take once your check was cashed before you had your interview? I know they say 90 Business days is that from when the application is turned in or from when they cash the check?

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    mine took about 4 months from the time i mailed it to when i got word back.

Once the check was cashed, interview in about 30 days for me. Then wait.wait.wait...

You get the idea.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome ! Glad to hear from you finally . Stop on by the ( very friendly ) Introductions subforum , so you can say " Hey " , and the usual suspects will shower you with helpful links .

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    My interview took placed almost three months after my check was cashed. This was last winter.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 699

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    In 2016 I applied February 29 and received restricted permit June 6, 2016, just over 3 months, appeal to hprb was about another 3

Nobody

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I was 110 days (not business days) from mail box to mail box. mailed app Jan 3 2017

kamoze357

Jun 22, 2014
    I have my interview scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday. I applied as a business owner with a cash and carry company who carries thousands of dollars of equipment. Any helpful tips from those who have successfully gone through this process? Does having an interview constitute a good sign? Or do everyone get one before getting denied?

Thanks in advance,

OMD6dawg

I have my interview scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday. I applied as a business owner with a cash and carry company who carries thousands of dollars of equipment. Any helpful tips from those who have successfully gone through this process? Does having an interview constitute a good sign? Or do everyone get one before getting denied?

Thanks in advance,

As a professional photographer with EIN number, I'm applying as a business as well. I'd like more information on the interview part as well.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Don't think too much into the interview. This is a standard procedure. They will be gathering facts to pass on to the trooper that will process your application.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I had a phone interview , easy and quick .......Also very unnecessary and stupid . When will our state stop the madness and stop wasting time on this BS . SMH

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    When I applied @October 2016, I got my application approved in late January 2017, without MSP calling any of my references. I have a friend and colleague that applied several months ago, and MSP was calling her references, one being me.

Did they call your references? I am trying to get a sense of how often they will call references.

Thanks.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    As a professional photographer with EIN number, I'm applying as a business as well. I'd like more information on the interview part as well.

This is how I applied, I am operating as a sole proprietorship. I was unlucky enough to draw the investigator from Westminster. She wanted copies of customer invoices or contracts, along with bank statements. The actual interview was fairly straightforward, mostly the standard questions about encounters with the law, mental health, drugs, alcohol, the general prohibiting factors. She also asked about my business in general. All in all, not too bad.

What I found odd is that she said she had done other photographers as well. Most of the other photographers I know are kind of artist-like and quite left leaning, so I was just sort of surprised.

So far I am at 92 days (actual days, not the made up business days) and the other person I applied with has heard absolutely nothing, both our checks were cashed the next day after I delivered the applications. Only 2 of my 3 references were called, which I also find odd since she has a reputation of going above and beyond the requirements.

Have you come to one of the HPRB meetings yet? It's quite an education in the process. If not, I have the audio up online to listen to, which isn't quite as good cause you don't get to interact with the cool kids during the breaks.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom