• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just a general statement.....Regardless of caliber, no pistol is any good without the confidence, knowledge and will to survive to use it.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    It happened so fast and there was absolutely no where to go. I made the choices I did quick because I had to. Usually I am much more mouthy with assholes but that didn't come out this time for some reason. I was more scared for my wife. What they may do to her if I went down one way or the other. My plan was shoot the one on my left then the one on my right then unload on the upper guy while moving tight and reloading to put space between me and all of them. No plan after that. I could have done it but I didn't want to. But I could have.

My wife coming back changed the peramiters of everything and gave us an out, that and just showing them my gun and the fact it was already drawn and in my hand.

I am glad I didn't have to shoot them but I would have had things gone a bit different.

And yeah I am now looking for a smaller , light, larger caliber pistol.

Or we are gonna start going when I can conceal a 44 properly

I have a Ruger 9mm LC9s with Crimson Trace laser as my summer carry gun. Small, concealable, single - stack handgun that will get the job done. It's on my side now as I sit in my office typing this. :D

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have a Ruger 9mm LC9s with Crimson Trace laser as my summer carry gun. Small, concealable, single - stack handgun that will get the job done. It's on my side now as I sit in my office typing this. :D

I have been thinking about an lc9 and I want to go to the lgs and handle one. I usually carry a sig 239 , it's not light and not as compact as I want for summer carry.

Now that I am home I feel naked not carrying everywhere I go. And I know there are more dirtbags here than in WV. What a sorry ass state this is.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Just a general statement.....Regardless of caliber, no pistol is any good without the confidence, knowledge and will to survive to use it.

Confidence and knowledge of when to shoot as well as when not to shoot come from practice, training and self control. The will to survive generally doesn't show up until you are in a life and death situation. It's then when you are truly tested.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I have been thinking about an lc9 and I want to go to the lgs and handle one. ..

If looking used be advised that lc9 and lc9s are totally different inside. The newer lc9s is striker fired and has a pretty good trigger for such a small gun. It also comes in a "pro" model with no external safety.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    If looking used be advised that lc9 and lc9s are totally different inside. The newer lc9s is striker fired and has a pretty good trigger for such a small gun. It also comes in a "pro" model with no external safety.

Yes, that is a true statement, I carry the lc9 and will trade up to the "s" model as the Striker Trigger is an improvement!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think tiny pocket pistols are a big enough challenge without being DA only. I have no idea how you can keep a very small pistol like that from pulling with a stiff trigger.
    I am 100% about having Any gun is better than No gun and of course having a gun is usually enough to keep things from escalating. That said, its maybe a little like having a fire extinguisher around the house. The small ones seem like a pretty good idea unless you actually need a little more.
    That S&W Bodyguard is an uber small little guy, easy to carry and not a lot of trouble. Probably not so swift though if you're running the El Presidente drill in real life.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I can keep My rounds on a Paper Plate between 4-7 meters so it works for Me and it fits under My shirt a lot better than the M4 Carbine! It's not the Best choice for a gunfight but can be effective with practice.Is My sig Mk25 better? Yes, but here in Florida Concealed means Concealed.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I was visiting some family in Wyoming over Memorial Day. Talking to BIL's friends, a good mix of these aging cowboys who carried .357 back in the day and retired ".45 because they don't make a .46" military. Out of seven guys, six were packing .380s and my BIL had decided to get a .380 as he didn't usually take the trouble to carry any of his existing guns. Now these guys were 75 to 80+ years old, we were in a town of 200 people, and I would have guessed the danger of violence to be 0 but these guys realized it was better to have something right there as opposed to the perfect tool back t' the house.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I think tiny pocket pistols are a big enough challenge without being DA only. I have no idea how you can keep a very small pistol like that from pulling with a stiff trigger.

The Sig P238 is basically a baby 1911 in .380. Single action only, weighs a few ounces more than a Ruger LCP (but still very manageable) and carries easily in a pocket. Recoil is a dream, you can shoot it all day and still want to shoot more.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    The Sig P238 is basically a baby 1911 in .380. Single action only, weighs a few ounces more than a Ruger LCP (but still very manageable) and carries easily in a pocket. Recoil is a dream, you can shoot it all day and still want to shoot more.

And the 9mm P938 is only a tiny bit bigger. Carry my p938 frequently

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I liked my LC9 a lot. It carried GREAT, and I could even front-pocket carry in cargo pants. I dumped it for the trigger, but now the S Model is out....

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I liked my LC9 a lot. It carried GREAT, and I could even front-pocket carry in cargo pants. I dumped it for the trigger, but now the S Model is out....

Plus all the cool kids want the pro model. I'm kinda old school, and prefer a safety in general and especially for pocket carry (yes, in a pocket holster, of course). I see the plain LC9s is more readily available and for cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom