As if I Needed More Reloading Components!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    30 Herrett and 7mm TCU were reason enough to get me started. My list isn't as nearly as impressive as some....and I no longer reload for a couple calibers for which I can buy quality ammo cheap (5.56, 30-30). I also really don't load shotshells much anymore either. I can buy on-sale ammo so cheap that reloading for shotgun isn't that practical and, for that matter my club twice a year has a sporting goods flea market with some guns and usually tons of ammo. I can often find trap type loads for 2 or 3 a box (previously owned factory ammo). I do load some low pressure loads on occasion for some vintage shotgun, however. Vintager shells shells aren't cheap and you have to buy a case or 2 just to make it worthwhile to buy them and I don't shoot those old guns all that much...,maybe a couple boxes every 2 or 3 years. I have no Damascus that I shoot, so I don't reload blackpowder shells.

Partly my reloading is much less because it's harder to find time the last few years and I don't even shoot as much. Also it cuts back on the number of powders I have to keep in stock. But I do have dies for everything I shoot and also for a couple calibers which I no longer own. I 6even have dies for 7.2x39 even though I have no brass for it as I always buy steel cased for my SKSs. I probably should get a few pieces of brass or some factory brass just to have around. I did do some extra reloading a few times during ammo shortages.

I get what you guys are saying about brass prices. New brass is often so expensive that it's actually often worthwhile to buy factory just to sight in and burn up on the range then keep the once fired shells for reloading. That's exactly what I did to get brass for my S&W 460 Mag and my 7 x 57R for my Sauer Drilling.

I have to shoot that Sauer Drilling on occasion!

730waters

Apr 20, 2013
    Rising Sun, Md
    I have been shooting a 25-06 for about 25 years and has always been my favorite. It is easy to load and incredibly accurate. My favorite in pistols are 357/44 Bain & Davis, 260, 256 win mag & 338 Federal, It covers the spectrum for just about any thing that you want to hunt. I have punched many of antelope & deer with my 25-06, 6mm-06 and 264 win mag through the years. I have always enjoyed working with new calibers and developing loads for them. When you run them through a Chronograph there are a lot with similar speeds and accuracy, but, I have always enjoyed the odd calibers for hunting and just punching paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom