• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    swamplynx,

Why is AZ better than UT CCW? I don't really see the big difference.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    I'm surprised so many people do UT over AZ? When DE dropped VA, I remember looking at the US Carry map and I can't remember a non-res UT having any advantage over AZ, and I believe AZ was cheaper and it definitely didn't require a UT specific instructor. Why is everyone so smitten by UT?

Nevada dropped AZ for a while but still honored UT (NV was the last permit I picked up). And I pretty much spend all my time in these three states (and CA which is a lost cause for now)

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    swamplynx,

Why is AZ better than UT CCW? I don't really see the big difference.

Only 60 bucks for initial, 45 for a renewal and a huge swath of qualifying training. The UT specific course requirement was what swayed me to the AZ permit. For AZ:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just curious, why isn't Tennessee a popular option? it has good coverage and allows carry in Pennsylvania.
    Residency requirement.
    aa408497a3eca11860ac052e3c344951.jpg

MD_PA_Hunter

Jan 6, 2017
    FYI, if anyone has been contemplating getting a NH permit, now is the time to do it. I mailed my application on 9/1 and received it in my mailbox on 9/14. Good turn around time.

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    FYI, if anyone has been contemplating getting a NH permit, now is the time to do it. I mailed my application on 9/1 and received it in my mailbox on 9/14. Good turn around time.

I remember when I applied for mine right a few months after the NH Supreme Court ruling. It took me --- if I remember correctly --- almost 60 days to get mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom