• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Maryland Shall Issue has a handy-dandy guide on how to testify in Annapolis. With the current General Assembly in session and the first gun bills slated to be heard next week, a refresher couldn't hurt!

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/143-how-to-testify-in-annapolis

The MSI 2018 Legislation Tracker is available here:
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ker/142-2018-maryland-gun-legislation-tracker

Attached is this same guide in PDF form for your convenience :)

Attachments

• MSI - How to Testify_FINAL_011518.pdf
      356.9 KB · Views: 246
    Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Giving this a bump. There are two bills being heard this Wednesday at 1pm in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. MSI supports both.
    SB0027: Handgun Permit Preliminary Approval
    SB0099: Public Safety - Permit to Carry, Wear, or Transport a Handgun - Qualifications

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You guys are too much, haha.
    It's an honor, but I'm not alone! We're all working hard!

eruby, that's a great point. I will amend. :thumbsup:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Great stuff DC-W :thumbsup:

I will only add if one is planning on testifying, they should plan on being there for many hours as the 'experts' on both sides almost always testify first, before hoi polloi.

If you aren't quite sure of your testimony, those many hours can be profitably used to research and refute some of the more outlandish "expert" testimony from the other side. Just be sure to use creditable sources and have them at hand. You don't want to be like the poor MOM who cited Facebook as her source a few years ago.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Ive only seen a handful of bills on the schedule - far fewer than last year. I was also looking for the Howard County delegation bills (including one for deer hunting) and it does not look like they have been submitted yet.

I cannot recall what the deadline is for filing bills, but I think a lot of bills will be dribbling in and scheduled over the next few weeks.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you aren't quite sure of your testimony, those many hours can be profitably used to research and refute some of the more outlandish "expert" testimony from the other side. Just be sure to use creditable sources and have them at hand. You don't want to be like the poor MOM who cited Facebook as her source a few years ago.

Sage advice. It’s as if you’ve done this stuff before or something...

You’ll be missed! TX is lucky to have you!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I should remember this , but please refresh me :

Number of copies for Senate
    What time in AM for sign up and deliver written Testimony

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I should remember this , but please refresh me :

Number of copies for Senate
    What time in AM for sign up and deliver written Testimony

House Judiciary Committee
    The JUD requires 30 COPIES of your written testimony and it must be submitted BEFORE 11AM. The Clerk’s room is on the RIGHT of the committee entrance doors.

Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee
    The JPR requires 16 COPIES of your written testimony and it must be submitted BEFORE 12PM. The Clerk’s room is on the RIGHT of the committee entrance doors.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    With another Senate Gun Bill day scheduled for 2/13/2018 at 1:00pm and more legislation being introduced soon, it's time for a bump.
    If you cannot be there in person, be sure to submit your written testimony.

Maryland Shall Issue has a handy-dandy guide on how to testify in Annapolis. With the current General Assembly in session and the first gun bills slated to be heard next week, a refresher couldn't hurt!

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/143-how-to-testify-in-annapolis

The MSI 2018 Legislation Tracker is available here:
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ker/142-2018-maryland-gun-legislation-tracker

Attached is this same guide in PDF form for your convenience :)

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Is SB0099 dead? Seems as though there is no movement, while SB0027 is headed to the house.

Standard answer - nothing is truly dead until 23:59:59.99 on Sine Die (09APR2018)...however, I doubt SB0099 will see a voting session this year (like its previous incarnations in the past several sessions, it will likely see the inside of Zirkin's desk drawer).

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    And another bump to update:

Thanks to DC-W for the thread and helpful information. The first MSI link in the op failed for me with a 404 error. With the hearings beginning in two weeks, I'm posting a new link.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...c3leYWLx47j6XfE5T2GmIinGYlpSx5XShugG22WSztfSc

This will be my first time attending, and the provides must have info for getting there, parking options etc., in addition to the info shared in posts above that's required for anyone planning to testify. I'd imagine it would be wise to carpool if possible. The Navy-Marine Corps Stadium park/shuttle sounds like a good idea with a $2 cost to ride. I expect others that know the ropes will be along to fill in any missed details.

ETA: also cross posted in the House Gun Bill Day Feb. 25, 2019 thread - https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=231907

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom