• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Any newspaper readers here? What are you guys reading in Western MD?

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I don't live in Western MD but used to have a home at Deep Creek. My subscription to the Republican was online. If I remember correctly, it's pretty cheap.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    The Republican just changed hands with editor Don Sincell retiring. His sister is the new editor.

The paper is now called The Garrett County Republican.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I don't live in Western MD but used to have a home at Deep Creek. My subscription to the Republican was online. If I remember correctly, it's pretty cheap.

If you're still an online subscriber and have any problems with the new website feel free to PM me. You'll have to set up a new logon and link it with your new account number (necessary due to totally new subscription system).

The Republican just changed hands with editor Don Sincell retiring. His sister is the new editor.

The paper is now called The Garrett County Republican.

That's us (me, sorta)! I moved back to WV two years ago to work for a newspaper in NCWV. It's been a whirlwind since then, with The Republican being our latest venture.

I've was up in Oakland a couple days last week getting everything integrated. It's been a LONG time since I've been through the area. I used to go to Wisp a lot in high school and college. I think I was in Deep Creek one time shortly after graduation with some friends on a ski trip.

I'm super excited about it and getting involved there with Oakland and Garrett County. Seems like a great community to be a part of. We're really excited about it.

Anyways, if any of you have thoughts, feedback, problems with it, feel free to PM me anytime and I'd be glad to help you out. I'm the "Business Manager" or CFO, so you have a direct line to me anytime here.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    If you're still an online subscriber and have any problems with the new website feel free to PM me. You'll have to set up a new logon and link it with your new account number (necessary due to totally new subscription system).

That's us (me, sorta)! I moved back to WV two years ago to work for a newspaper in NCWV. It's been a whirlwind since then, with The Republican being our latest venture.

I've was up in Oakland a couple days last week getting everything integrated. It's been a LONG time since I've been through the area. I used to go to Wisp a lot in high school and college. I think I was in Deep Creek one time shortly after graduation with some friends on a ski trip.

I'm super excited about it and getting involved there with Oakland and Garrett County. Seems like a great community to be a part of. We're really excited about it.

Anyways, if any of you have thoughts, feedback, problems with it, feel free to PM me anytime and I'd be glad to help you out. I'm the "Business Manager" or CFO, so you have a direct line to me anytime here.

Good to know you, the new owner, is also on board with MD Shooters and it means you are a 2nd Amendment supporter. Are you a hunter, too?

I grew up with Don Sincell and know his family very well.

:party29:

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Good to know you, the new owner, is also on board with MD Shooters and it means you are a 2nd Amendment supporter. Are you a hunter, too?

I grew up with Don Sincell and know his family very well.

:party29:

Well I'm not personally the owner. My boss is. But he is big hunter.

I'm not, but that's just because I lived in Baltimore for so long. I've been meaning to get back into it now that I'm home in WV.

I met Don briefly last week in passing. It was a bit hectic, so I didn't get to talk to him really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    How about offering a re-branding discount on subscriptions to MDShooter members? I'd be interested!

That's not my call... But it is a pretty good deal at it's current rate! New design, new website, and we're doing a lot behind the scenes to improve delivery time with USPS. It's also available in stores first thing Thurs morning, as opposed to Thursday evening before.

If anyone has any feedback or questions, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't keept up with this thread for a few weeks .

You've got me curious which newspaper in NCWV. PM if you don't want to publically out yourself .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom