• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Committed to buy the 1894 Marlin 44 mag from Hog Sniper so went hunting for ammo and found this. Only problem is they won't ship to Montgomery county, but there's no restriction if billing address is moco and shipping to another.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/pmc-...unition-1000rd-case-50-boxes-of-20-44sfa.html

I'm picking up my gun from High Rock and having my ammo shipped there so I can pick it up at the same time. If High Rock (Hog Sniper) says it's okay I'd be happy to pick up yours too (ammo) if you had it shipped to them. Just get it okayed and lmk.

Last edited:

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    It seems like a good deal but like you, I'm in the no ship to Montgomery County zone also. I'm also in for one of those Marlin's but 45 Colt is what I want. I hope he gets them in soon! I've seen 44 mag Ammo under $30 for a box of 50 at various local gun shows and the Gettysburg show is this weekend and Chantilly is in 2 weeks so you might want to check those out. There is also someone selling a lot of 44 mag Ammo in the classifieds I seen earlier.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    It seems like a good deal but like you, I'm in the no ship to Montgomery County zone also. I'm also in for one of those Marlin's but 45 Colt is what I want. I hope he gets them in soon! I've seen 44 mag Ammo under $30 for a box of 50 at various local gun shows and the Gettysburg show is this weekend and Chantilly is in 2 weeks so you might want to check those out. There is also someone selling a lot of 44 mag Ammo in the classifieds I seen earlier.

I'm going up to High Rock Outfitters to pick up the rifle so I'm having the ammo shipped to them. Granted I had to buy a 1,000 rounds but that's a fantastic price on the 44.

I tried looking for 45 ammo and couldn't figure it out. What does the Marlin 45 take ? 45-70 ? 45 long colt ? 45 acp ?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    eh that's not the best deal on . 44 too much "ih8 md shipping rules"

Best price I think you'll see on jacketed hollow point. And it's not an ih8 Maryland policy, it's only Montgomery county for some reason. I've bought ammo from 5 or 6 other online sellers and never had an issue. strange

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I'm going up to High Rock Outfitters to pick up the rifle so I'm having the ammo shipped to them. Granted I had to buy a 1,000 rounds but that's a fantastic price on the 44.

I tried looking for 45 ammo and couldn't figure it out. What does the Marlin 45 take ? 45-70 ? 45 long colt ? 45 acp ?

45 long Colt is what this model takes. Marlin also makes rifles chambered in 45/70. Has he contacted you about the Marlins are in yet? Only thing he has told me is there on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    It was a tough choice as I've pistols in both calibers. I've got plenty of ammo in both calibers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    45 long Colt is what this model takes. Marlin also makes rifles chambered in 45/70. Has he contacted you about the Marlins are in yet? Only thing he has told me is there on order.

Talked to him last night and he just said should be very soon. He didn't say but my take was it should happen this week or beginning of next. I'm hoping they come in so I can combine some errands and pick mine up next Friday or Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom