Anyone had issues with LAX ammo 124gr 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Bought some of this stuff. Went to range with Sig MPX pistol and VP9. Both had a few hundred rounds thru them without issue.

MPX (Gen 2. Freshly cleaned and lubed) would fairly consistently not go into battery and a few stovepipes. Tried 3 different mags (gen 1 and 2). No rhyme or reason when it would happen. Sometimes could do a full mag dump, sometimes initial round wouldn't chamber fully, sometimes wouldn't happen til 1/2 way thru a mag.

VP9 (freshly cleaned and lubed) would stay about 1/8" out of battery randomly. Again 3 different mags. Seemed to get better as day went on but I gave up and packed it up due to the heat.

Any ideas? They have both ran perfecta 115gr without issue. All I brought was the LAX 124 gr with me so couldn't try other ammo unfortunately

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well I have used their 147g ammo in both my Glock 34 and S&W 986 wheelgun and like it a lot. Bought 1000 then later bought another 500. I like using the heavier bullets for knockdown steel matches. Have not used any in my 9mm AR, only because using the 147g there would be a waste of good money. My 9mm AR eats everything so far except Remington UMC reloads (yellow box).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom