• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I have walked into Total Wine for the last time. It's a damned shame, their stock is awesome. I have not seen one of my favorite Bourbons, Hancock's Reserve anywhere else.

Unfortunately, the Founder/Owner David Trone, is running for Congress, as a Democrat. OK, I can get over that. Until today, on my way home from work, an add comes on the radio, wherein he vows to stand with victims of gun violence (sic), and stand against the implied evils of the NRA.

Crap, he is gonna make me check his website for his 2A position. Why could he not leave me blissfully unaware? The link is below, but I will save you the time, the title is "End Gun Violence Now" and if you have been paying attention, you could probably have written the rest for him while channeling/taking a Frosh.

http://davidtrone.com/issue/gun-control/

Damn it. Total Wine is on my way home from work, too. I can not walk through those doors again, with the intent to spend money.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I always loved going there... best oddball beer selections, and great prices on most everything.

But, since the state has had to declare them 100% scan of drivers licenses (proof of poor training and internal leadership), I'm less of a fan.

So, I choose to go to Hunt Valley for even better prices when it's convenient to my travels.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Stop by while he's there. Tell him you'll no longer be a customer. Ask him why he wants to strip law-abiding people of their best means for self-defense but has no problem selling booze for profit to people who might irresponsibly drink, drive, and kill people with a lethal weapon. Seems super hypocritical and it's a perfect WMD to hand to his political opponent. If the NRA is evil, he is equally so if not more.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is the selection good? The service? The prices?

Keep going then. Life is too short to make every damn minute of your life a political statement. Not enjoying the store is not going to make a damn difference to your cause.

Feb 28, 2013

Keep going then. Life is too short to make every damn minute of your life a political statement. Not enjoying the store is not going to make a damn difference to your cause.

Ok then. Keep givin' money to the enemy.

**** 'em.

I saw right away what a complete dumbass this guy is with this little gem...:rolleyes:

More Americans have died from guns in the past four years than all the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Yup, similar feelings. You won't catch me in Total Wine anymore.

Try Old Line Fine Wine in Beltsvile. Not quite the selection of total wine, but after a few talks with the manager/owner, they are probably much more aligned with the 2A. A while back, they started selling cigars, andi made the comment that they just need to sell guns, and this would be one stop shopping for me. Next thing you know, i am in the back office oggling a GI Colt 1911. It was not for sale, but it was one hell of a rare piece! They have a little less square footage than total wine, but selection wise, they are pretty close.

They also have a very decent restaurant and bar in the store. The restaurant has gotten pretty great reviews, especially considering it is in a beer/liquor store.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

Selection is good. Location is good. Prices are fair. Pam the Whiskey lady is Awesome. I don't take many things into the political realm, that don't start off there in the first place.

It might not make a difference to "my cause", but it is important to me to support my friends and not support those who would do harm to thing I believe in.

There are other stores, I will just have to drive another 5 mins to get there, and get the stock guys there to order in the bottles I like.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

I agree life is too short and boycotting a liquor store isn't going to make a big difference in the grand MD battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Yup, similar feelings. You won't catch me in Total Wine anymore.

Try Old Line Fine Wine in Beltsvile. Not quite the selection of total wine, but after a few talks with the manager/owner, they are probably much more aligned with the 2A. A while back, they started selling cigars, andi made the comment that they just need to sell guns, and this would be one stop shopping for me. Next thing you know, i am in the back office oggling a GI Colt 1911. It was not for sale, but it was one hell of a rare piece! They have a little less square footage than total wine, but selection wise, they are pretty close.

They also have a very decent restaurant and bar in the store. The restaurant has gotten pretty great reviews, especially considering it is in a beer/liquor store.

Big fan of them, but driving down Rt1 through Laurel after work is horrible.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Selection is good. Location is good. Prices are fair. Pam the Whiskey lady is Awesome. I don't take many things into the political realm, that don't start off there in the first place.

It might not make a difference to "my cause", but it is important to me to support my friends and not support those who would do harm to thing I believe in.

There are other stores, I will just have to drive another 5 mins to get there, and get the stock guys there to order in the bottles I like.

Freedom of choice, we all still have that at least. I guess wearing politics on your sleeve and business just do not mix. Exactly why we don't do it here. I think Trump got dinged some on that front too.

Ok then. Keep givin' money to the enemy.

**** 'em.

I saw right away what a complete dumbass this guy is with this little gem...:rolleyes:

Funny, he didn't strike me as Muslim :D

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I agree life is too short and boycotting a liquor store isn't going to make a big difference in the grand MD battle.

Choose to support whomever you want, but you will never make a difference not believing you can.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    How many lives has he destroyed by selling alcohol? Prohibition comes to mind and that did not go well.

Libtard. I won't step foot into any of his stores again either.

I don't need to give money to someone who is out to screw me over. May not make a difference but on principal I can find another place to buy my drinks.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Choose to support whomever you want, but you will never make a difference not believing you can.

I'm just choosing to live life normally and be realistic. Boycotting a liquor store isn't changing any MD laws. If I like something I'm going to do it. I'm not making myself a slave to 24 hr politics...

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Freedom of choice, we all still have that at least. I guess wearing politics on your sleeve and business just do not mix. Exactly why we don't do it here. I think Trump got dinged some on that front too.

Totally agree, maybe people will finally realize he is only out for himself....

I am not wearing Politics on my sleeve, I am choosing what I do with my money based upon my values, and letting others who are seemingly like minded know about a relative newcomer on the anti 2A political scene.

I am not advocating anybody else do as I do, nor am I casting aspersions on any who make a choice different than the one I have.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm glad he's being upfront with that stance. Makes life easier when you can identify your adversaries.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I'm just choosing to live life normally and be realistic. Boycotting a liquor store isn't changing any MD laws. If I like something I'm going to do it. I'm not making myself a slave to 24 hr politics...

I respect your decision. However, for me, the contents of that webpage, are not 24hr politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom