Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    from MSP press release:

MSP: Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) Training

Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) Training

DATE & TIME: 2/12/2016 at 6:30 PM

LOCATION: Providence Presbyterian Church, 311 Parker Rd. Salisbury MD 21804

BRIEF RESUME:

On 2/12/2016 from 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm The Maryland State Police, Salisbury Barrack is

sponsoring a Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) training. This training is FREE to

the public and all are welcome to come out for an evening learning and preparation.

The world we live in is changing rapidly and threats to our way of life are all around us. Come

learn how to increase your chances of surviving an active shooter event or other critical incidents. The

CRASE training is designed and built on the Avoid, Deny, Defend approach developed by ALERRT

in 2004, and provides strategies, guidance and a proven plan for surviving an active shooter

event. Topics include the history and prevalence of active shooter events, psychological and

physiological responses to critical incidents, civilian response options, medical issues, and the role of

professional guardians.

Any questions related to the training should be emailed to Stephen.Hallman@maryland.gov

Intructors: Cpl. Antal and Trooper First Class Hallman

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Self defense should be G&S. In this area (near D.C.), I expect terrorists to attempt to attack a soft target. The difference between Arundel Mill's and Tyson's Corner is that one is in VA, and its pretty straightforward for a MD resident to get a permit to carry.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    This professional guardian concept will either be the illustration of the problem or some new way of trying to get people to believe that someone other than themself can somehow protect them.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Incidentally, any time now the subject of carry comes up, I note that the *official* law enforcement position now includes defend. The 3-4 minutes during which the police gear up and arrive leaves at least 180 seconds of carnage. People should be able to fight back with more than staplers. There must be a reason the first government mandate in 1792 required everyone to own a rifle and pistol.... Maybe we should have emergency M4's or Tayvor's next to the fire extinguishers.

J1911

Aug 27, 2014
    SoMD
    ... Maybe we should have emergency M4's or Tayvor's next to the fire extinguishers.

The Marxist in Annapolis will never go for it. They need the sheeple to "need them!"

Citizens who can defend themselves are not their voters.

lonebrave

Sep 27, 2014
    I would expect this to be more of "Run away and hide. If they find you, use something nearby to try to fight the guys with the guns until the police show up." :sad20:

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Part of my job is teaching Active Shooter Reaction to civilians. There are two "official" action plans for non-law enforcement when confronted by an AS, both of which are very similar. DHS has been promoting Run, Hide, Fight for years, and the FBI recently started teaching CRASE, which uses Avoid, Deny, Defend. Both are almost identical. The Fight/Defend part is just like it sounds. If you have no other option, you can either fight for your life or lay down and die.

The sad part is that all law enforcement promotes these actions, but they don't make the leap to armed defense. Organizationally, they don't want armed civilians. If law enforcement thinks armed response to an AS is appropriate, why don't they want us to have them as well?

For anyone wanting to take CRASE training, you get what you pay for. It's all lecture, doesn't include practical application, and very boring. It would be like taking a firearms or marksmanship class without touching a gun. If you really want to prepare for an AS, look for training that involves actually doing what you're taught.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    I don't understand why they call it run and hide when it should be could sit and duck. I can imagine the instructor saying incase of active shooter sit and duck. I would raise my hand and say you mean sitting duck, because that's what unarmed citizens are. Now I get the true reasons behind not recommending armed citizens shooting it out with an armed gunman. First, they don't want to have anyone injured from the return fire which missed the active shooter. Second, I'm sure it is very difficult for police to determine who is the bad guy when they enter the scene and see people shooting at each other. It's very similar to plain clothes police. Remember Baltimore City Police shot one of their own a few years ago. I don't have the answer to this, but I can see the problem. I know one response would be to put your gun down when the police arrive, but that assumes the police don't open fire on you before you get a chance to put your gun down.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    CRASE Training for those of us unarmed should consist of bending over and kissing our azz goodbye. Strictly the luck of the draw if we don't ambush.

CRASE Training for Liberals should consist of shoving their head even further up their azz until they disappear entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom