• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    There were a few threads with all these excited people and supposed orders but I haven't really seen anyone review it here yet. I'd love to shoot one prior to purchase and will gladly donate a box of ammo to anyone willing to let me try theirs.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    From my experience, which is a few mags: It shoots like a GLOCK, but is infinitely more comfortable in the hand. I shot it more accurately than a GLOCK 17 and 34.

If I wanted a striker-fired 9, it'd be the one I got...but I don't think it's all that special.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I have an XDM compact that I'm very fond of and was looking to add one of these to compliment.

I'm unloading a s&w performance center 1911 so I'll have some money to burn on new things that go bang and the VP9 is/was high on my list after fingerbanging one a few months back.

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    I picked up a VP9 two weeks ago and I love it. Its the best firearm I have ever purchased. The grip feels like it was custom-modeled for my hand. I like an asymmetrical grip so I have the large grip insert on the strong side, small on the weak side and the medium backstrap. The customization options are endless.

The gun shoots smooth as silk and according to the range officer at my local range the trigger "feels almost like a match trigger." I'm not sensitive enough to know the difference so I have to take the R.O.'s word for it. My first day at the range I shot 300 rounds and would have kept going if they were not closing for the night. Everyone at the range wanted to shoot my pistol. No one, even the hardcore Glock fanboy, had anything bad to say about it.

An H&K for $600? Need I say more? Buy this gun. You won't be disappointed. Hopefully H&K has more striker-fired pistols on the way. I would love to see them make a VP40 or a VP9SK.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Picking mine up next week. Among the features I'm most excited about is its true ambidextrous design and modular grips. As a lefty, handguns in particular present a rash of compromises. This is something different, and really interesting in a striker-fired platform.

I'd be happy to let you kick the tires.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Picking mine up next week. Among the features I'm most excited about is its true ambidextrous design and modular grips. As a lefty, handguns in particular present a rash of compromises. This is something different, and really interesting in a striker-fired platform.

I'd be happy to let you kick the tires.

Thanks man. You are close to me too. Meet you at continental one day after you pick it up?

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I do not like the paddle release, but that's probably because I'm not used to it. Only shot it once in a USPSA match. I brought my M&P40, but left the 9 conversion barrel in it. Doh!

A competitor let me borrow his VP9. It is accurate and the trigger was fine, but not mind blowing. Don't forget you are buying into a system, meaning it's not just the handgun, but holsters, magazines, pouches, parts, accessories, and etc.

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Best gun I have ever shot - if you want a buy 1 and done this is it. Smooth trigger, comfortable grips everything I could ask for.

I have the LE version which I would recommend you get - if you or anyone else wants to shoot it I am more than willing to meet you somewhere. I am in catonsville and typically goto ontarget in odenton.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    From my experience, which is a few mags: It shoots like a GLOCK, but is infinitely more comfortable in the hand. I shot it more accurately than a GLOCK 17 and 34.

If I wanted a striker-fired 9, it'd be the one I got...but I don't think it's all that special.

Speaking of new striker-fired 9mm options, any interest in the recently released (in the US) Italian made Arsenal Strike One? If the low bore axis on Glocks appeals to some, this one goes lower. Only a few reviews thus far, so I'm waiting for more (and perhaps this pistol may be more of a Glock/CZ competitor than HK VP9 alternative).

Arsenal%20Strike%20One%20Pic%201.JPG

ArsenalA.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The Mk25 is the best Sig I've ever shot, it's definitely a best in breed. But the vp9 is perfect function and feel for most.

The StrikeOne I thought was Russian made? When it gets on the MD roster, I'll consider it again with the other new wonder 9's with super low bore axis.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I held one at Worth a Shot the other day. Very nice but won't be taking the place of my M&P.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Mk25 is the best Sig I've ever shot, it's definitely a best in breed. But the vp9 is perfect function and feel for most.

The StrikeOne I thought was Russian made? When it gets on the MD roster, I'll consider it again with the other new wonder 9's with super low bore axis.

Russian special forces adopted and possibly even Russian designed but the one sold in the West is manufactured by Arsenal in Italy.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I've got one and love it. I love my Sig 320 more for some reason. Both great guns. Nice trigger, well made. Magazine capacity should be higher for that size of gun though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom