Reloading in civilian self defense shootings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I don't ever remember seeing a self-defense shooting requiring a reload. We saw a bunch of them while I was in academy, we did learn that most of those self-defense shootings happen from <7 yards.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    People overthink this. I challenge you to find me a single good defensive shoot where the ammo, gun, trigger etc. make a difference in the outcome of the case. Train with what you are going to carry. Carry what you train with.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    People overthink this. I challenge you to find me a single good defensive shoot where the ammo, gun, trigger etc. make a difference in the outcome of the case. Train with what you are going to carry. Carry what you train with.
    Wait wait wait there doc. You mean to tell me all those Apex, Zev, glockmeister, Suarez, and plethora of other trigger jobs and upgrades don't help a shooter land a better center mass shot under stress in self defense?
    You mean I can draw from concealment, shoot from the retention bent elbow position from the hip, and make a good first self defense shot with a stock pistol way under 1.5 seconds simply by training with it? Why, I am beside myself. ;)

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Wait wait wait there doc. You mean to tell me all those Apex, Zev, glockmeister, Suarez, and plethora of other trigger jobs and upgrades don't help a shooter land a better center mass shot under stress in self defense?
    You mean I can draw from concealment, shoot from the retention bent elbow position from the hip, and make a good first self defense shot with a stock pistol way under 1.5 seconds simply by training with it? Why, I am beside myself. ;)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I think in this case the OP was asking about quantity of ammo, not quality. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom