• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Because you have not been spanked enough:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-assault-weapons-ban-20171127-story.html

“This is not a huge change to gun policy in Maryland,” said Del. David Moon, the Montgomery County Democrat who is the measure’s lead sponsor in the House of Delegates. “This is a pretty modest measure that keeps intact the assault weapons ban that was upheld.”

Moon said the Supreme Court’s decision to let the assault weapons ban stand “may have lifted a legal cloud on the whole conversation” about expanding restrictions.

and also...

Maryland lawmakers will also consider whether to get rid of the Handgun Permit Review Board, which has the power to overturn the Maryland State Police’s decision on who gets a concealed-carry permit. Instead, an administrative law judge would have that power

The good news is that 14 year olds can get a permit now...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Join us 'on the bricks' ...

In the wake of that decision, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller and House Speaker Michael E. Busch said Tuesday through their respective chiefs of staff that they’ll support efforts to expand the ban when the legislature reconvenes.

Attachments

• Not Going to Stop.jpg
      Not Going to Stop.jpg
      65.7 KB · Views: 3,715

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    We'll see whether this is a PR sham or a real push. Remember that O'Malley was pushing his gun ban...Hogan won't be.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    banning bump fire won't do anything about the violence that is Baltimore.

maybe the voters should be asked if they think Baltimore isn't worth fixing.

And Hogan will be pushing for a bump fire ban. He has not been tested with a 2A infringement - he will follow Crispy Creme, without a doubt. Probably trade support for that for reduced tolls on the ICC...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    We'll see whether this is a PR sham or a real push. Remember that O'Malley was pushing his gun ban...Hogan won't be.

Why would hogan push a gun ban when he can sit back and do nothing and the mga will do it for him. Then he can not sign it and it will become law or he can veto it, very doubtful, and he will be over ridden and quite possibly lose re election, if he ever had a chance , and end his quest for higher office.

Hogan’s not gonna help us, it’s not his thing.

More republicans in the mga is the only answer, but I don’t have the answer for that. And I have been at work for 18 hours so I gotta go to sleep now

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    When is the last time you saw a united republican front from the MD legislature in regards to a bill? The democrats have their team together and alway strut them in front of the cameras to garner support or perceived support for their agendas.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I guess I better get busy on that list for Santa. I see a rift in the Time/Space continuum.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

1. They aren't "assault weapons." If you're going to resist and be part of a resistance movement, you don't start by accepting and adopting their derogatory terminology. That sets the tone and directs the conversation. We need our own terminology that they should use.

2. You can't expand a "ban." It is, or it isn't banned. Mock them. Alinsky them. Are they making modern sporting rifles "more banned," "bannedier," or bannediest"?

3. Of course, "... It's not a huge change to gun policy in Maryland," Del. Moon. That's how you boil frogs. Maryland's been simmered and is being stewed.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hogan’s on board with the bumpstock ban, no surprise there

Hogan's, "It's worth discussing..." is a lot less enthusiastic than, "on board," or "all for it," which is what others have expressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom