• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not disputing anything 111Savage relates . His key factor is * Lives in the woods, owns chainsaw, unlimited firewood for no cash, just the effort of cutting & splitting " . If that applies to you, that bumps wood stoves way up the list.

For those who need to pay market rate for firewood, it's another story . And properly seasoned firewood for sale is less common than saddle broken Unicorns . By retail standards over a month is well aged , and I have literally seen wood sold as seasoned 24hrs after being a live tree.

Wood that you buy today , is for burning in fall of 2018.

111savage

Mar 17, 2013
    Not disputing anything 111Savage relates . His key factor is * Lives in the woods, owns chainsaw, unlimited firewood for no cash, just the effort of cutting & splitting " . If that applies to you, that bumps wood stoves way up the list.

For those who need to pay market rate for firewood, it's another story . And properly seasoned firewood for sale is less common than saddle broken Unicorns . By retail standards over a month is well aged , and I have literally seen wood sold as seasoned 24hrs after being a live tree.

Wood that you buy today , is for burning in fall of 2018.

In my younger years that might be true. I don’t live in the woods, i do get lucky when a tree falls in the yard but i haven’t dropped a tree in years. So for the past few years I bought wood and still do if anything to supplement what meager stash i do have. Yes it’s taken a lot of failures to find a good wood monger, hence it’s key to have a moisture meter if you’re not sure. And yes best bet is to buy wood and season it yourself. At times i do want something more automatic and i don’t have to do so much work. For me the heat output and no power function are the biggest wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom