• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Here is my really early Martini International with some of the accessories. It came with the Lyman 15X Super Target Spot and the original Parker Hale slide on or off target sights. It has 3 extra front sight inserts in the little screw off cap under the pistol grip. There is an Al Freeland Mr. Cairo fore grip that came with the rifle as well along with a target sling and mitt.
    For the pics I added an Al Freeland catalog from I think 1952 and a 22 Target block from Parker Whelan (General Townsend Whelan's gun shop) on 14th St, NW in downtown DC.
    There is also a side mount 22 ammo holder for 10 rounds I found at the Baltimore show a few years ago, it screws onto the dismount pin for the trigger group.
    It can drive tacks....
    I actually prefer Bourbon but love this Martini

Attachments

• IMG_0580.JPG
      IMG_0580.JPG
      134.8 KB · Views: 317
    • IMG_0581.JPG
      IMG_0581.JPG
      146.1 KB · Views: 276
    • IMG_0579.JPG
      IMG_0579.JPG
      127.6 KB · Views: 290
    • IMG_0583.JPG
      IMG_0583.JPG
      117.4 KB · Views: 280
    • IMG_0585.JPG
      IMG_0585.JPG
      92.2 KB · Views: 274
    • IMG_0582.JPG
      IMG_0582.JPG
      111.3 KB · Views: 271
    • IMG_0584.JPG
      IMG_0584.JPG
      117.6 KB · Views: 263
    • IMG_0586.JPG
      IMG_0586.JPG
      91.1 KB · Views: 270

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Very nice!

There is a small shop in Front Royal VA that is winding down the owner's business. He imported TONS (literally) of Martinis back when and they still have a pile of them in the shop. Only open on Sat IIRC, downtown on a side street but if you want a Martini they are worth a stop if you're in the area. Likely still more in the back if you don't see one you like out front. None as nice as your's but some basic old target guns if you like the style.

Take the wife to see the fall colors this weekend :D

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Very nice!

There is a small shop in Front Royal VA that is winding down the owner's business. He imported TONS (literally) of Martinis back when and they still have a pile of them in the shop. Only open on Sat IIRC, downtown on a side street but if you want a Martini they are worth a stop if you're in the area. Likely still more in the back if you don't see one you like out front. None as nice as your's but some basic old target guns if you like the style.

Take the wife to see the fall colors this weekend :D

Do you happen to know the name of the shop? That sounds interesting enough to make a trip.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Wowzers, that's a stunning International rig. Super envious. Amazingly nice accessories from the Target Spot to the ammo block. Is that a Parker sight?

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think it's simply, The Gun Shop. Address is 28 E Jackson St, Front Royal, VA 22630.

Last I knew only open on Sat listed phone is (540) 635-0455, I would call before I drove.

John Appleton was the gentleman who owned the shop.He passed a number of years ago. I've never been there, but if you liked Martini action rifles his website had inventory to drool over.

OP that is a sweet rifle, I have a model 15 Centurian that shoots better than I do.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Yes, it was John's place. His wife has been winding it down for years. He had imported tons of stuff from Europe and Australia over the years and it has taken a loooooong time to get it sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom