• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    He lost the election Roady.

1) No thanks will be afforded to those who voted for him. He lost because (most) folks saw what a POS he really was.

2) It is not about him. It is about the folks who I believe betray us all when they vote for candidates who are as OVERTLY anti-2A as that POS is.

3) If you are going to shorten the name... Please leave the "y" off. :cool:

4) I am still very disappointed that you thought that small of your fellow 2A community brothers and sisters.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'm not a fan of MSI, so I'm not interested in being the president of an organization that reeks of a good ol boy club. As I said, if MSI was so powerful and persuasive we wouldn't have an AWB, and HQL. We would have CCW for all. But my personal feelings don't get hurt by opinions. I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt.

Are you a ranger of the lone type?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Nothing I've said isn't true. I get it. You want MSI to be the reason CCW for all but it ain't going to happen regardless of who is Governor. The G&S law needs to be changed and we have a better chance in the courts then we do elsewise. I get it though. MSI MSI. I've lurked here for years and have heard the rhetoric. If MSI is so powerful why is there an AWB, HQL, and no CCW for all?

PS, I know all about the backroon this and hush hush that and we are doing things quietly in the background. None of that prevented AWB, HQL and we still are May Issue.
    I don't get it. The courts are not really our friends here.

I think eating the elephant one bite at a time is a better approach. Regardless of who does it. This isn't about MSI.

But how quickly we forget that before MSI we were phucked over at will and not much we could do about it.

Now we have some organization, a republican governor, some glimmer of hope at the HPRB and maybe even with MSP - seems like at least some progress to me.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I didn't say SAF dropped the 14th Amendment argument. I said dropping it was a mistake. In my copy and pasted post just below this paragraph you will see that I say the court refused to hear the 14th Amendment part of the case. That was a mistake because it was most definitely an issue related to the G&S law and the Wollard case.
    Originally Posted by dblas View Post
    SCOTUS didn't grant Cert because of the number of plaintiffs. If that were the case, and by your logic, SCOTUS would have never heard Heller v DC, Mcdonald v Chicago, etc.
    No, SCOTUS granted cert because it was a 14th Amendment issue. Just as my recommendation this issue be a 14th Amendment issue and not a 2nd Amendment issue. Remember Wollard issues were 2nd and 14th Amendments, but they heard only the 2nd Amendment part. Lastly, BGOS goes to anyone who has a defeatist attitude, not to just one person.

You're very good at deflecting the argument and not answering questions.

May I remind you and everyone else of your comment that I quoted: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4163371&postcount=134

Notice it is not the one you claim above.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm not a fan of MSI, so I'm not interested in being the president of an organization that reeks of a good ol boy club. As I said, if MSI was so powerful and persuasive we wouldn't have an AWB, and HQL. We would have CCW for all. But my personal feelings don't get hurt by opinions. I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt.

My feelings are never hurt by anyone that clearly doesn't have a clue, nor has taken the time (even as a lurker) to research what they are talking about.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm surprised this post hasn't been remarked on more. Hogan, to his credit, did get us #1. (And to her credit, Dumais got us #3. Life is weird. LEO handouts like #2 may as well be freebies.) But every indication I've seen is that shouting loudly didn't help with any of them. In fact, it seems as if emphasis on them, especially #1, was purposely suppressed in order for them to not come across as "gun issues".

Someone that WAS paying attention. Sometimes it is more about what isn't happening or being done, that what is.

Given that information, I've almost given up on shouting loudly. Hogan's game plan apparently doesn't involve taking any serious risks for us. At best, he'll toss us a bone when it's convenient, and veto anything too ugly. That's better than what we would have gotten with Brown (IMHO), but it's hardly firing me up to run down there on 2A Tuesday, when I wonder if being loud is actually going to screw us. Maybe quiet-style negotiations are going to work better.

You're close, let me ask a question. What word would describe everything else he has done in and for the state?

Deliberate..............maybe?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've lurked here for years. Second, the 2A landscape hasn't changed for the better. The little baby steps that are taken here are wiped out by the giant leaps the left take. Make no mistake, there have been giant leaps made in more than just this state. FSA2013 was a huge setback for our community. Kolbe is addressing the AWB and we must wait to see the outcome on it. I feel using resources to go after HQL is a mistake. Here is why. If you are lucky enough to get a CCW it comes in the form of a card. It is accepted as a " permit " to conceal. Not everybody in this state can get one when they apply. The HQL follows a similar process in that you get training and apply for the card. Everyone who applies who is not otherwise prohibited by law can get one. So, it seems pretty clear which case should be backed and tried in court. If funds are scarce you must decide which case would do the most good for all concerned.

And there in lies the problem, how does someone who doesn't have access to a range get the training? How does someone who does not have internet access, apply for the permit online? How does someone that doesn't have a credit card pay for the application?

There are more people in this state that CAN NOT apply because of the above impediments to them being able to do so.

So it's OK for you to be able to exercise your right to self protection because you have a car, a credit card and internet, but to hell with those that can't get all of it done because they don't have just one of those?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No, I'm not unaware. I said in a previous post that Wollard died on the SC steps. That means there was a loss on pro 2A side at the 4th Circuit level and Cert was applied for at SC. It's my opinion that had the 14th Amendment part no been refused to be heard by the court that it would have made it to the SC. What is clear is the courts including the SC are willing to hear 14th Amendment cases. Perhaps you and others are unaware that the 14th Amendment is popular with gay and lesbian rights now, the 2nd Amendment not so much. The ground work for a 14th amendment case has been laid by McDonald and Heller. So much so that you have to be blind not to see it. The right is an individual right and it applies outside the home. Now is the time to tie the 2nd Amendment together by putting forth a 14th Amendment only case.

I get that this forum is loaded with people who are fed up with the Democratic make up of this state, just as I am. I just happen to see the kink in the armour and feel that if you exploit that kink it will quickly become a hole through which everyone can pass. I fully disagree that this states politicians will ever become 2A friendly especially since the 2A is under fire from Obama on down.

Heller was based on the 2nd Amendment only, McDonald was the only case that the 14th Amendment argument was indeed heard and ruled on. You are partially correct in that another suite does need to be filed, and you are correct in that takes people to apply for the wear and carry permit and be denied, and that denial upheld by the HPRB.

But, as I stated before, the next step is a request for administrative review by a Circuit Court in any county in Maryland you want to choose. That in and of itself does not guarantee anything, and you would need several administrative reviews to come up with the same ruling before any number of folks could band together, as you suggest, for a federal lawsuit.

It is not nearly as simple as you make it out, nor is it as guaranteed as you make it out to be.

Feel free to start looking for the plaintiffs to do the above, the more folks doing something, anything, the less work any one person or organization has to do. So far all I and anyone else has seen is you flapping your gums. Step up, and put some action where your mouth is.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    And there in lies the problem, how does someone who doesn't have access to a range get the training? How does someone who does not have internet access, apply for the permit online? How does someone that doesn't have a credit card pay for the application?

There are more people in this state that CAN NOT apply because of the above impediments to them being able to do so.

So it's OK for you to be able to exercise your right to self protection because you have a car, a credit card and internet, but to hell with those that can't get all of it done because they don't have just one of those?

Everybody has access to the Internet through their local public library. Ecerybody has access to a credit card by purchasing a pre-paid credit card. Everybody has access to public transportation to get you to the range. Yes, it is more difficult for those people, but they can do it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Everybody has access to the Internet through their local public library. Ecerybody has access to a credit card by purchasing a pre-paid credit card. Everybody has access to public transportation to get you to the range. Yes, it is more difficult for those people, but they can do it.

Let me know how taking the bus with your handgun in tow works out for ya.....

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    My feelings are never hurt by anyone that clearly doesn't have a clue, nor has taken the time (even as a lurker) to research what they are talking about.

So we don't have an AWB or require an HQL? I understand what you are trying to do. I know you are going to say I'm doing a good enough job of discrediting myself, but that would be false too. You are trying to discredit me, so why not point out where I'm wrong with facts.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

have you ever been to southern Maryland? say calvert county? what public transportation would someone here ride to what range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom