• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Okay, the big letter response came in today from the MSP and they denied my request for modification on my permit based on not a good enough "G & S" (SMH) So if i read into that a bit i have a G & S reason to have a permit but not a G & S reason to carry sometimes or even all the time .

So there is a G & S and then another G & S .........................................is there just two of them or does more G & S exist ??? What a crock of shite

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    So basically one month for them to review . They don't even study anything you send them , i am sure they are told to deny straight away .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know I am in good company here and we all have our reasons we can not leave this hell-hole called Maryland , my own reasons are pretty complex and unique to my family .

But if things were different I would get out of here , a grown man needs to ask permission to protect himself and his family . That has to be the biggest act to castrate a population .

These F'er's in Maryland need a rude awakening , bunch of idiots . And I must be the biggest for putting up with it ..................................sorry for the rant but I gotta let it out .....Carry on .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Okay, the big letter response came in today from the MSP and they denied my request for modification on my permit based on not a good enough "G & S" (SMH) So if i read into that a bit i have a G & S reason to have a permit but not a G & S reason to carry sometimes or even all the time .

So there is a G & S and then another G & S .........................................is there just two of them or does more G & S exist ??? What a crock of shite

I have the same letter dated 9/25/17. First date they had for HPRB back then was 3/20. I believe that is the last day for the currently seated board. Regardless if they 86 the board, I'd think it will be around for you. Don't these Laws usually take effect in October?

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Can I skip right by bothering with the MSP informal review request and just file for the HPRB hearing?
    I see many go ahead with both but mention MSP virtually always denies the second request so I don’t see any point? Unless it’s just best practice to show the board you have been denied the second time and the requested board review was your last resort?

Also see no mention of the $10 fee to modify on the paperwork sent with my permit nor see anything mentioned about it on the MSP site
    http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Is the $10 check/fee sent to both MSP and the HPRB?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Can I skip right by bothering with the MSP informal review request and just file for the HPRB hearing?
    I see many go ahead with both but mention MSP virtually always denies the second request so I don’t see any point? Unless it’s just best practice to show the board you have been denied the second time and the requested board review was your last resort?

Also see no mention of the $10 fee to modify on the paperwork sent with my permit nor see anything mentioned about it on the MSP site
    http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Is the $10 check/fee sent to both MSP and the HPRB?

If you have a permit the $10 fee is to MSP when asking for removal of restrictions. There is no fee to appeal to the HPRB for initial permit or restriction removal, just make sure to do it timely. The informal with MSP is optional. A few I know have had success, but it’s a waste of time for most. More success getting an initial permit at informals, than getting restrictions removed You don’t need to explain yourself and will not be viewed negatively by the Board for skipping the optional informal “we said no the first time” review.

Nothing prevents you from requesting an informal and simultaneously appealing to HPRB so you get into line.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    If you have a permit the $10 fee is to MSP when asking for removal of restrictions. There is no fee to appeal to the HPRB for initial permit or restriction removal, just make sure to do it timely. The informal with MSP is optional. A few I know have had success, but it’s a waste of time for most. More success getting an initial permit at informals, than getting restrictions removed You don’t need to explain yourself and will not be viewed negatively by the Board for skipping the optional informal “we said no the first time” review.

Nothing prevents you from requesting an informal and simultaneously appealing to HPRB so you get into line.

Thank you!!
    What annoys me is the decision was on Jan 9th per the letter. I did not get the letter via snail mail until late Sunday night the 14th of last week (was away on Saturday and did not check my mail box)
    I sent it out earlier today hopefully that meets their guidelines of 10 days after receipt

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I had a phone interview with the big cheese from MSP he told me flat out he would not change what his troopers drafted by not removing the restrictions .

I mailed to the HPRB and they have received my certified letter on Dec. 18th 2017 and still nothing , I then emailed the HPRB and they have not emailed me back . I am wondering what is going on , it sure is a broken system and I am losing faith in how it works or should I say don't work .
    signed ,
    Pissed off in Pasadena

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I was successful secluding my HPRB date when I was at a HPRB meeting. I think dealing with the women doing the scheduling face to face helped my cause. You might give that a try. It's also beneficial to observe a few hearings in order to prep for you time before the board.

Interesting the "Big Cheese" is blaming the troopers for placing the restrictions. The trooper who interviewed me implied it was the other way around.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was successful secluding my HPRB date when I was at a HPRB meeting. I think dealing with the women doing the scheduling face to face helped my cause. You might give that a try. It's also beneficial to observe a few hearings in order to prep for you time before the board.

Interesting the "Big Cheese" is blaming the troopers for placing the restrictions. The trooper who interviewed me implied it was the other way around.

I have been to a couple hearings but not all of them . I have sent a letter and it came back with a signature and I sent an email weeks ago and still no response .

My problem is my wife works Tuesday nights and I have my son to look over and it would be hard to bring him and get business conducted .
    But I guess that is what I am going to have to do , because nobody is getting back to me even with the first response and it has been almost 2 months .

I am getting frustrated by the system as it is , no rhyme or reason and one method works for one member and not for others . :mad54::mad54:

Also the Big Cheese said he is not over-turning anything his Troopers made judgment on .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom