• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's why I manual decap using a Harvey Decapping tool. Takes more time, but it will decap anything other than Berdan primers. However that is troubling to see something that badly manufactured. I wonder if this is part of the ROLL BACK ammo being sold today?

Probably is. The thing is, the price of the stuff new is nearly the same price you could reload it for...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Probably is. The thing is, the price of the stuff new is nearly the same price you could reload it for...

Yes, but I can reload good brass many times for the same amount of money, this roll back pricing is only going to last so long. Just my way of looking at things. Now if powder becomes as hard to find as people are forecasting, then all bets are off for ammo prices either way.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yes, but I can reload good brass many times for the same amount of money, this roll back pricing is only going to last so long. Just my way of looking at things. Now if powder becomes as hard to find as people are forecasting, then all bets are off for ammo prices either way.

Your logic is sound. If you don't reload(like me) then all bets are REALLY off, lol.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Your logic is sound. If you don't reload(like me) then all bets are REALLY off, lol.

Everyone should consider reloading. Even is it's a single stage Lee, it is better than nothing. It's not difficult to do, a little scary to get started, but something most of us can do. I starting reloading on a MEX 650 shotgun reloader when my father in law and I shot traps. I was a little scared about getting into centerfire reloading. I was at a gun show many years ago and low and behold the star of stars was sitting there for sale. A Dillion 550B set up for 9mm. It was sitting on the floor in a box. Hundreds, if not a thousand people walked by that box before I got there. I looked in the box and asked if the price was for everything in the box. He said no. I was heart broken. He said he had a few reloading books to go with it. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough to hand him the cash. It was a steal and I walked out of there the happiest man at the gun show that day.

Go for it!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've been using a little RCBS single stage Partner press forever.

It'll handle .45acp to 11x52r Dutch Beaumont and everything in between.

No gears or gadgets to break. No timing issues. Love it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've been using a little RCBS single stage Partner press forever.

It'll handle .45acp to 11x52r Dutch Beaumont and everything in between.

No gears or gadgets to break. No timing issues. Love it.

That's my point. Everyone can get into reloading. You found something that works for you. Glad to see you on board!!!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Since this is part of a big sale by Walmart, the ammo would work well for something like a lost brass match, since I won't be reusing said brass. I ended up pitching the Perfecta stuff and kept the rest. Just wanted to warn folks about it.

Lee Loaders

I started reloading nearly 40 years ago using a little tool called a Lee Loader. The only other tools I used were a small powder scale and a plastic faced mallet. They still make them, although not in as many calibers as they use to. They cost less than $40 and they have been used for years to load precision loads for competition. Once you get started you can load about a box of rifle rounds in an hour or a box of 50 pistol rounds in about 90 minutes...Not fast...but very practical if you don't need to reload hundreds of rounds...No press, no bench....you can reload at your kitchen table...

I have graduated to a progressive press but I still have my loaders in 6 calibers...and occasionally I still use them...

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    BUT this Perfecta is still cheaper than ANY steel-cased or corrosive surplus or ANY other 9mm ammo out there. At less than $7/box for brass, non-corrosive, potentially-reloadable 9mm it doesn't matter if it's junk or not; if you find some bad, let it go. No biggie. Personally haven't found even one bad case yet; maybe I'm lucky ;)

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Just bought a 50 round box of M193 for testing. Made in Italy.

Attachments

• P1010104.jpg
      P1010104.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 4,080

Signo

Jul 10, 2011
    Cecil County
    I have reloaded several boxes of Perfecta .308 not a single problem from it. Bought some more today at Wally World.

The previous ones were bought several months ago. Hope these ones are ok.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have reloaded several boxes of Perfecta .308 not a single problem from it. Bought some more today at Wally World.

The previous ones were bought several months ago. Hope these ones are ok.

How is the quality on that .308 brass? I need some new brass and that price point makes this ammo a good bargain rather than just buying new brass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom