• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I think my next rifle purchase needs to be an IWI Tavor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLpYSEmEoc

Never thought of myself as a fan of bullpups, but if there are good for the IDF, they are good by me.
    Any insight into this rifle by the MDS faithful?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I'll probably get one down the road. You just need to get the one with the longer barrel and have someone permanently attach the muzzle device.

The only bad things I've heard about them is their triggers which are close to 10 pounds.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

HoldFast

Sep 8, 2013
    Dundalk, MD
    The fact that it takes same mags as my Ar's and ammo was a selling point for me. Picked one up shot a ton of junk through it and not bad. It's kinda quirky at first, with reloads and the small design. Triggers are crummy only complaint.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've owned one for about a year and although I like it probably doesn't have 300 rounds through it. I quess I have too many rifles. But in the time I've had it to the range it has been as accurate as any of my ars. Very good at 100 yards with eotech and 3x. Well balanced and easy to handle. Trigger is a little strong for my preference than my ars but I've done a trigger job on it and it is better. The trigger is my only neg.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    I really like it, did the trigger job on it and liked it more. I think Timney is coming out with a drop-in kit, which has me pretty excited. It is my favorite bullpup by far. My only comments/concerns...lack of parts and price. But if you like bullpups, that's just something you have to deal with.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I just shot one for the first time today at the range. It was jthoma24's, so I only fired 3 rounds through it, but D@MN! It's definitely on the list now. :thumbsup:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Love mine. Ate Wolf steel case, Wolf brass case, IMI 193, Remington, Black Hills, and Winchester without complaint. Trigger did take some getting used to but around 500 rounds later it has gotten considerably better without doing the trigger job but that is next on my list of upgrades.

Some other things I want to do to mine:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    You can do a self trigger modification where you remove one of the springs.

But realize... IT IS NOT A TARGET rifle.

If you expect it to shoot like a target rifle you will be disappointed.
    If you want to have fun with combat accuracy that will hold up all day long... then the Tavor is a great gun for you.
    Not to mention it is a head turner.
    The gun is perfect for a red dot. I put on one of the Mepro optics and it worked great.

Chris

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    You can do a self trigger modification where you remove one of the springs.

But realize... IT IS NOT A TARGET rifle.

If you expect it to shoot like a target rifle you will be disappointed.
    If you want to have fun with combat accuracy that will hold up all day long... then the Tavor is a great gun for you.
    Not to mention it is a head turner.
    The gun is perfect for a red dot. I put on one of the Mepro optics and it worked great.

Chris

I did the spring thing and it did help. Thinking of putting in the new trigger next.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'll probably get one down the road. You just need to get the one with the longer barrel and have someone permanently attach the muzzle device.

Not required to be permanently attached.

Just don't remove it while in MD.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    God to know. I thought flash hiders had to be perm. attached and nags perm modified but have learned otherwise. Heard from SHOT show attendee that TAVOR is coming out with a MD compliant model.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    One of my favorite rifles I own and my go to for home defense. It fits and swings so perfectly. Everyone I let handle or shoot it is always extemely impressed with how it fits and almost becomes one with the shooter. With a 16.5" barrel, it's still shorter than most 10" sbr's. The gun also looks sweet. I can't imagine a better close quarters gun.

That said, trigger sucks and will affect your accuracy. Mine is about as accurate as my AK-47 at 100 yards. Does not compete accuracy wise with my colt ARs.

Will also need 100 rounds or so to break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I handled one today for the first time. I like the way it feels and I'll be getting one.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    To me the point of a bullpup is to get a short rifle without a stamp. If you have to put a flash hider to get it to 30" ......what is the point?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not required to be permanently attached.

Just don't remove it while in MD.
    Well, wait a second. The MSP has been telling people they're following the BATFE standard, and the BATFE has, for whatever reason, been telling people you can only count the muzzle device if it's permanently attached. Not sure I think this interpretation would hold up in court, but it's something to consider.

To me the point of a bullpup is to get a short rifle without a stamp. If you have to put a flash hider to get it to 30" ......what is the point?
    29". But, I do tend to agree with you that it would be better if we could just get a 20" barrel version.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Never fired one, but I did fondle one today. Honestly, it's so plasticy it feels like a toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom