• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Another vote for a new Windham Weaponry HBC. Fantastic rifle for the price. $600+ tax from JLowes. Great guy to deal with too.

I do like the Windhams. A friend of mine got one and I tore it down and went over it, it was pretty damn nice for the price.

Shot real well too.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    Ok it doesn't make much sense to a civilian but I like the handle on the M-16 and yes I know it's not a carry handle

it's a quick grab and go and run with it to save your ass

and a lot of the AR-15's got rid of it ?

what's the deal??????

Attachments

• ebay photo.jpg
      ebay photo.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 218

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    I also have the Windham HBC and would buy it again in an instant. You have lots of good options, OP.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Bkuether, I feel the same way. I wish someone would make some assembled A2 uppers on a regular basis. Only quality maker I've seen make them is Rock River but is close to $700 for a 20" chrome lined A2.

josh19

Dec 12, 2013
    Jaybee,

after you get your first AR15, next one (if your are hooked on AR as I am), build your own. I brought my 1st AR15 back in 2011 (may have been 2012) before the ban for the what you call "thin barrel " version. It was a Bushmaster. It was way over priced, guess all local gun shops had a profitable year. Being the novice and with the AR rush, I paid over $1200, I still feel the pain.

Building your own AR15, for me only the lower receiver (upper seems a bit more challenging because of the barrel, torques, head space and other intimidating and dangerous warnings I read fro the web). But eventually I want to build the entire AR from scratch.

I build 3 lower already ( 2 with A2 butt stock and 1 with retractable stock). You need the punches set. I got one set from Cheaper than dirt and it has this special punch that make the bolt stop and that tricky pivot pin install less painful. Otherwise those tiny little spring will fly all over the place.

There are so many AR build info. I literally have my laptop on, and follow the youtube step by step. It is really very satisfying to have the lower receiver build, and swap the upper and it work.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As stated , new one are currently still on the low side of the price swings, and most sellers are mentally referencing what they paid when the market was higher.

I feel you about prefering fixed carry handles , but alas in response to market demand, virtually everything has gone flat top , and A2's are considered Retro and Rare. The best you can easily do for popular prices , is make sure to get one with old school front sight assy , and use a detachable carry handle .

IF you truely want an A2 upper as a firm parameter, disregard the advice to buy new, and search for a vintage Colt .( Bushmaster continued to offer fixed carry handles longer into the modern era mfg's , but Maryland sucks.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom