• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Saw this on TTAG. ACLU:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-fre...it-shouldnt-be-used-restrict-peoples-freedoms

As we will argue to a federal district court in Oregon this Wednesday, the standards for inclusion on the No Fly List are unconstitutionally vague, and innocent people are blacklisted without a fair process to correct government error. Our lawsuit seeks a meaningful opportunity for our clients to challenge their placement on the No Fly List because it is so error-prone and the consequences for their lives have been devastating.

wait, whaaaaat? the NRA, SAF and the ACLU on the same side? If this is not real, the drugs my wife slipped me are really good.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd like to see the ACLU (and NRA / SAF) team up in MD and actually spend some money on our rights being denied.....

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    In some states they will lose membership over it.

I told every aclu rep I ever spoke eith..my wallet is closed to them based on this one issue alone.

I took the exact same stance and when given the opportunity am very vocal about it to their people. One cannot pick and choose among the bill of rights to protect from being violated.

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    It could be a matter of a broken clock being right twice a day. Or maybe they could be coming around. I wouldn't be eager to trust them just yet. I'd take a wait and see approach.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    It could be a matter of a broken clock being right twice a day. Or maybe they could be coming around. I wouldn't be eager to trust them just yet. I'd take a wait and see approach.

Whats trust got to do with it?

We're not partners..they do their thing we do ours.

But...it great to tell the libs they f..ked up so bad even the aclu oposes them...;)
    Never miss a chance to kick a liberal..;)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    When the Heller decision came out in favor of gun rights, the ACLU came out against the Heller decision.
    They were flooded by angry messages from people like me who cancelled their ACLU memberships.
    It might be possible that they learned something from that, at least I hope they did.
    I clearly remember they had a blog on their web site about how they disagree with the Heller decision and maybe 95% of the hundreds of messages on the blog were pro 2nd amendment and against the ACLU with people saying they will never give another dime to them and that they need to protect the whole Bill Of Rights instead of picking and choosing.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    When the Heller decision came out in favor of gun rights, the ACLU came out against the Heller decision.
    They were flooded by angry messages from people like me who cancelled their ACLU memberships.
    It might be possible that they learned something from that, at least I hope they did.
    I clearly remember they had a blog on their web site about how they disagree with the Heller decision and maybe 95% of the hundreds of messages on the blog were pro 2nd amendment and against the ACLU with people saying they will never give another dime to them and that they need to protect the whole Bill Of Rights instead of picking and choosing.

Doubtful. Heller was how long ago now? And what has the ACLU done for the 2A community lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom