• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...n-emanuel-objections-20130524,0,2292796.story

It's on to the senate. What I'm gathering is that this is a done deal. The Senate will pass the bill, also with a veto-proof majority.
    IL will have shall-issue, albeit a pretty strict version with high fees, 16 hour training, and a lot of no carry zones, the biggest of which is a ban on carry on mass transit.
    It will however have full state preemption and will knock out the AWB in Cook/Chicago.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    who woulda thought. chicago before baltimore. watch dc became shall issue before us. but by then everyones favorite handgun will be the 3011, shooting .45 cal lasers

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This would be huge... and ironic as anything....

Reciprocity will be interesting, too.

I don't think there's any. I read through the bill and thought I saw a section that allowed for vehicle carry with out of state permits. I'll have to check again though.
    300$ plus 16 hours training gets you an IL permit for 5 years.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    They're not going to have time to dork with it a lot, if the Senate or the Governor wants changes. Did you catch that reference to "$100 billion pension debt with only a week left in the spring session"? That's Billion with a "b".

They've got some big fish to fry, and their own legislative calendar is working against them not to mention the federal court deadline to pass a carry law.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    ^ yes...but I'd have preferred that they had thumbed their noses and taken it to SCOTUS. Guess we will be the ones at the big court in the fall.

Look out.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    This can still go to the SCOTUS. I think it would be dumb to do so, but the Senate can still reject the bill, the gov can veto it, and/or the AG can appeal to the SCOTUS. I think most realize that is probably not a good plan for them, but their arrogance may trump their common sense.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    300$ plus 16 hours training gets you an IL permit for 5 years.
    The training requirement is stupidly stiff, as is the $150 in-state fee, but likely unassailable legally. If New York's fees aren't sufficiently repugnant, these won't be either.

The $300 fee for nonresidents can be challenged as an equal protection violation, and I'd bet the state would lose that challenge.

Does the training have to be done in-state too? They don't seem to want nonresidents to actually apply.

Do you have to redo the training on renewals? These permits are expensive enough as it is.

Some of the no-carry zones are odd. Zoos? Those are real warzones. Parks all across Illinois must be bullet-strewn wastelands. Keeping carry off of Chicago's public transit systems is a total anti-black measure.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    UGH, the public transit one is sickening. Someone really needs to come out and point out how these policies destroy the poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom