• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Those numbers seem correct. My little digging turned up that the UK has 133% our violent crime rate per 100,000 people.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    That is great! I can't stand that guy. Was ready to throw the tv out the window last night when he was on.

Fastbreak

Dec 28, 2012
    I really don't like Piers, but Alex Jones is a nut job that is out for press just as much as McChrystal right now.

This is not the face of gun rights we need.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Just watched that video, the truth is in the numbers. But I guess it is convenient to ignore the facts and pick and choose which ones to push your agenda with.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Fantastic video.

Alex Jones interview set back the cause of gun rights.

I'm not convinced. Jones came across as kooky (he is). But viewers who watched Morgan for the rest of the show that night and the following night are likely to see Morgan's extreme views as anti-American. Those viewers will resent Morgan and end up on the same side as Jones. Call it strange bedfellows. Jones is easily forgotten. Piers is pretentious and annoying enough to be seared into a viewer's brain.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Violence is alright as long as no one is murdered, isn't it?
    That's what they want us to think.
    brady-campaign-rape.jpg

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    This is the type of presentation that will sway opinions. Anecdotes and opinions will only go so far - they may even push others away. In my opinion, the arguments must be backed by data and not feelings. They must address the specific issues so that those who misunderstand or fear guns are left only with arguments based on emotion:

The issues being discussed are: restrictions on the AR15, correlation of guns and violence, magazine capacity.

The FBI data shows the prevalence of AR15 in firearm homicides. I believe those numbers are persuasive.

The above video is very effective in refuting a link between guns per capita and violent crime per capita.

Unfortunately, I can only offer anecdotal support against magazine restrictions: The woman in Georgia who emptied her revolver into an intruder. The intruder got up and drove away. It would be useful to find specific information about firearm homicides and track how many rounds were fired, how many hit, was the threat stopped, etc. That type of info could go a long way to show that it much better to have more bullets in your gun than less when your life is on the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom