• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    Took my DPMS Oracle out for a spin today. I know it is an entry level rifle but it did perform fairly well. I mounted a Cabelas AR scope on it. Once I got the rifle zeroed @ 100yds I was able to hit a 12in gong all the way out to 500yds. It shot the Federal Premium Match 168gr very well and did ok with the cheap stuff I picked up. Recoil was less than I expected however the muzzle jump was a little much. Could not keep the gun on target to see the impacts. Thinking of installing a good brake to help with this.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Bump, just in case someone had a suggestion for the above question.

I bought one that works but I have to see who makes it. They're kind of hard to find in stores. I had it on my AR-15 but took it off to put on my Oracle 308 (but I haven't done that yet- too busy hunting).

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Took my DPMS Oracle out for a spin today. I know it is an entry level rifle but it did perform fairly well. I mounted a Cabelas AR scope on it. Once I got the rifle zeroed @ 100yds I was able to hit a 12in gong all the way out to 500yds. It shot the Federal Premium Match 168gr very well and did ok with the cheap stuff I picked up. Recoil was less than I expected however the muzzle jump was a little much. Could not keep the gun on target to see the impacts. Thinking of installing a good brake to help with this.

I put a cheap scope on mine that works very well but I want to try a red dot on it. May or may not do that.

I reload ammo for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom