• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    As of November 1. I guess a fallout of the Bass Pro merger/buyout. I am a bigger fan of Cabela's than Bass Pro but this may swing the pendulum the other direction.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's still cheaper to pay the tax than to drive to Wilmington and pay the tolls.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's still cheaper to pay the tax than to drive to Wilmington and pay the tolls.

Unless it is stuff they can’t ship in to Maryland. Besides, sooner or later they’ll probably be doing “ship to store” for BPS locations. They have free shipping deals a lot, but not all the time and sometimes stuff is too big/heavy and gets a surcharge which they never wave unless it is shipped to a store.

It sucks, but their prices are still way cheaper than BPS on ammo and a number of other things.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I just did a BP and Green Top stop, Green Top much cheaper and they now have to keep their powders in a cabinet because BP complained about them.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    From Northern Harford County, you can drive across Rt1, and never pay a toll getting to Newark.

But yeah, otherwise, it's about $20 total. Take two friends and split the tolls, I guess.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    That sucks. For those of us close enough, selecting ship to store in Delaware shouldn't be taxed. I take rt1 to rt273. Prettier drive and no tolls to the Christiana location. With the exception of the Redhead brand clothes, there's no reason I go to bass pro anymore. Their ammo and accessories selection is terrible and prices are higher than Cabelas.

strat56

Feb 23, 2017

It's easy to skip the toll at the MD-DE line if you don't mind adding a few minutes to your trip. It's worth it to me most of the time.

Take MD exit 109 towards Newark, DE. Make a right on Christina Pkwy, then a right on S College Ave, then the exit for 95N.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I just make Cabelas a stop when I go up to Christiana Mall with the wife for shopping. Worth the drive.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Stinks. I have their CC and use it for work just to build points. Might have to shift to academy. Typically no shipping, good prices on shells, and no tax. Not sure about their rewards points program tho.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    It was a concern when Bass Pro bought them, this makes cabelas even less appealing for ammo than it was before

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well that sucks, I have got a lot of stuff from the bargain cave for really good prices. Now I'm gonna hafta factor in an xtra 6%

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    I agree, and worried about this as soon a rumors of the merger started. Like everything else, I'm sure things will start going downhill for consumers.

On the bright side, you can now return cabelas products at Bass pro. They will also convert gift cards over for you.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree, and worried about this as soon a rumors of the merger started. Like everything else, I'm sure things will start going downhill for consumers.

On the bright side, you can now return cabelas products at Bass pro. They will also convert gift cards over for you.

I am looking forward to once they implement ship to store from Cabela’s to BPS and vice versa. Their merger finalization announcement said they weren’t doing it YET, but they were exploring it. I assume they will at some point. Be interesting nice if that includes being able to do things like buy firearms from Cabela’s and have them shipped to BPS for transfer. Mostly I am looking at ammo, boots and stuff.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Bummer for sure. Now all the coupons are even less useful. Because then started awhile back you could only use one. They shaft the heck out of you on shipping! I've always liked Cabelas more than all the other outdoor stores.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Cabela's flyer this week states 15% off for Veteran's for the weekend. Went today to pick up some ammo that I dont reload yet. Ask the woman for the discount and she stated they give the discount every day hmm new one on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom