• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    I just finished my lower up on my "budget" AR. I have been looking for come cheap options as far as uppers go. I came across a website that I could get a HBAR upper for $199.99. Of course, I'd still have to buy the charging handle and BCG. Just wanting your opinions on it and maybe if you can think of other options. Again, this is a budget AR. Here is the link:

https://22mods4all.com/en/ar-15/152..._optics-none/barrel_type-16_hbar_heavy_barrel

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I have never heard of them. The link doesn't take you to an hbar,but maybe it's an option; I didn't poke around much.

I'd say for the same money stick with palmetto, radical firearms, or hardened arms.

They have some sort of track record that has been positive. Maybe this company is great, but I personally have not heard of them and am not familiar with their rifle building skills regardless of what parts are on it.

Good luck.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    It seems all their good stuff is out of stock. They do have an upper for $179, but it's not an hbar. Would have jumped on it if it was.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    I have never heard of them. The link doesn't take you to an hbar,but maybe it's an option; I didn't poke around much.

I'd say for the same money stick with palmetto, radical firearms, or hardened arms.

They have some sort of track record that has been positive. Maybe this company is great, but I personally have not heard of them and am not familiar with their rifle building skills regardless of what parts are on it.

Good luck.

Yea, you can go to barrel selection and pick a 16'' hbar barrel. If you can find a driect link to something in my price range, it'd be appreciated. I'm just coming up blank in searches in my price range (preferably under $250)

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Palmetto State Armory has some good stuff most of the time

Second on PSA. Their inventory, or at least what's listed on their site, fluctuates drastically. If you have the time to wait, just be patient and whatever deal you're looking for will eventually come up. Very good quality, just not the world's greatest customer service (i.e. response to communication).

Also look into Radical Firearms. They sell direct and also through Primary Firearms. If you go through PA you will experience some of the best customer service on the market. I have experienced this first hand. Lots of options at the moment on AR parts.

-Whitey

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    +3 for Palmetto State Armory

They often use FN barrels and offer blemished sales making for a great deal. I have a few items that were "blemished" and could not find any mark or blemish anywhere.

Good luck in your upper hunt

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    They do sell one as a complete rifle in md with a keynote rail for about 699. Not sure about hbar uppers but though I had seen them on the site in the past.

Good luck with your choice!

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    They do sell one as a complete rifle in md with a keynote rail for about 699. Not sure about hbar uppers but though I had seen them on the site in the past.

Good luck with your choice!

Thanks. I got a complete PSA lower with upgraded grip and stock, for 200 out the door

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-b5-sopmod-bravo-lower-fde.html

And the keymod complete upper for under 450 shipped, so will have a pretty nice piece for $650 total...can't complain with that. :thumbsup:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Radical Firearms through Joe Bobs.

According to each of their websites, they (JoeBob's or Radical) do not offer anything in an HBAR configuration. :o

I did grab a $299 w/free shipping NON Hbar complete upper (even had BCG, and charge handle) from PSA a few months back and simply swapped on a $100 HBAR barrel from JSE Surplus. Then sold the brand new NON HBAR barrel for $60, so had a total of $340 into a basic, mid length AR upper. Then ended up buying a low profile gas block, and Seekins Free float front rail from JoeBob's. :sad20:

That is why I chose to buy that one I mentioned above, found in engineerbrian's link...It's exactly as I would piece mine together for a low budget build, and already together and tested. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom