• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikemass

Mar 13, 2011
    Lusby, MD
    Help?

So.. my father purchased me a .308 AR-10 as a Christmas bonus. (I work for him)

I could not bring myself to admit to him that I had no idea whatsoever how to use it/strip it.. etc.

I know gun safety. I am an experienced shotgun shooter. But I have NEVER fired a rifle in my life. Much less something like this.

Are people at the grove typically friendly? Was thinking about just showing up and seeing if anyone was interested in giving me a quick into to the AR course.

Edit: It would likely be a Saturday morning, if there are any folks that go regularly and are interested / willing to help me out.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Theres a few people from S. Md on here that might help you. Try PM'g BradMacc82 hes in S. Md. but is working quite a bit from my understanding but he might help you out. Im sure there are others around too.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i hit up myrtle once or twice a month, usually weekends. I won't be around until the after the new year, but otherwise i'd offer to show you around the AR so to speak

+1 for bradmac, he is a very helpful guy.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    M.g. is closed until at least after deer gun season.

This^^^^^^^^^^^. I was there Wednesday before gun season and I'm pretty sure that it said the range won't be open until the 16th. Please don't hold me to this. Best to call first an ask before heading down that way. Weekends are usually crowded. I will be heading down the 16th so if you need a hand let me know!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I haven't been able to make it to MG much since starting with my current shop, but if you ever want to meet up and get a better understanding of your rifle - I'm sure we can arrange something.

The AR platform isn't too hard to pick up on, especially with some guidance.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For the mechanically inclined, it's amazing how well you can figure something out from exploded diagrams.

Before I even had a stripped lower, I'd figured out a good deal of the platform (and how it works) from exploded diagrams.

mikemass

Mar 13, 2011
    Lusby, MD
    For the mechanically inclined, it's amazing how well you can figure something out from exploded diagrams.

Before I even had a stripped lower, I'd figured out a good deal of the platform (and how it works) from exploded diagrams.

Thanks for the advice. Since he gave it to me I have looked over as much information as I could find on the Internet. And I believe I am capable of stripping and reassembling, though I have not yet attempted because I would like to fire it before I mess with it. Pretty sure I will be heading down next Saturday the 19th first thing in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom