• TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I got crap for saying this back in post 44. I would bet same guy. We know we can't believe the press. I bet the guy had no permit.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got crap for saying this back in post 44. I would bet same guy. We know we can't believe the press. I bet the guy had no permit.

You did post it. I didn't see it my apologies. I just found out about it when I posted, I'm with you though!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The OP on Facebook was based on an allegedly first-hand account as told by the person who was arrested & who is a DC CCL holder. The WP article does not say that the Mr. Ahn holds a DC CCL, but does say he's a felon, which should disqualify him from being able to get a DC CCL, as I understand it. So those things stand in contrast between the original fb post & the WP article & lead me to believe these are different cases.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    This smells like a scam. The police were mean to me, no other details offered, but please give me money? GTFO

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    The OP on Facebook was based on an allegedly first-hand account as told by the person who was arrested & whosays he has a DC CCL. The WP article does not say that the Mr. Ahn holds a DC CCL, but does say he's a felon, which should disqualify him from being able to get a DC CCL, as I understand it. So those things stand in contrast between the original fb post & the WP article & lead me to believe these are different cases.

FIFY

David Benowitz, Ahn’s attorney, said his client “did not violate the law,”

Either he had a permit or didn't. Maybe he had one and it was revoked.
    There is no reason for secrecy about the Identity of the FB OP. None.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    FIFY

David Benowitz, Ahn’s attorney, said his client “did not violate the law,”

Either he had a permit or didn't. Maybe he had one and it was revoked.
    There is no reason for secrecy about the Identity of the FB OP. None.

If the person who is the subject of the original fb post didn't want to be identified, wouldn't that be reason enough for the person to not be identified?

Also, I'm not sure why ppl continue to try & tie the Ahn article to that which was reported in the original fb post.

I'm honestly puzzled as to why any of this is an issue (or why my last post needed to be "fixed.")

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    A little more information about the incident is contained in the linked GoFundMe page:

http://www.gofundme.com/DCdefense

Was there yesterday. Not there today. "Campaign Not Found"
    So either GoFundMe yanked it, or the person that put it up. I am thinking the first option very likely.

But as other have mentioned and stated, I would like to know exactly what my money is supporting. And like other threads, if this is a slam dunk case an attorney would be more than happy to pick it up. So something to the story, and we are only running the rumor mill for now.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Was there yesterday. Not there today. "Campaign Not Found"
    So either GoFundMe yanked it, or the person that put it up. I am thinking the first option very likely.
    ....and we are only running the rumor mill for now.

Someone mentioned that GFM doesn't do defense contributions, so maybe they did pull it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This smells like a scam. The police were mean to me, no other details offered, but please give me money? GTFO

Somewhere I recall reading "no recourse", so I was thinking OK, then why soliciting for money?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The OP on Facebook was based on an allegedly first-hand account as told by the person who was arrested & who is a DC CCL holder. The WP article does not say that the Mr. Ahn holds a DC CCL, but does say he's a felon, which should disqualify him from being able to get a DC CCL, as I understand it. So those things stand in contrast between the original fb post & the WP article & lead me to believe these are different cases.

I'm betting you know who it is. The WaPo story and the FB incident read too different in my opinion. If the WaPo covered every illegal gun case, they'd need more ink.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    We come to this thread looking for answers...

I'm betting you know who it is. The WaPo story and the FB incident read too different in my opinion. If the WaPo covered every illegal gun case, they'd need more ink.

...ideally so we might learn and not do the same stupid sh1t ourselves...

Turns out the truth and the facts are still on the lam.

Damn hard to learn when you cannot divine the truth from the sea of information that exists.

Until/unless the truth is on scene, actionable knowledge cannot occur.

Given the AOR, I'm guessing 'no joy' on finding the truth any time soon, if at all.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'd also like to know if the cased was dismissed with no charges, according to the OP, then why would they need a GoFundMe for future legal battles?

If you were arrested, falsely, and had a great case, it seems lawyers would be lining up to take 50% of your winning damages.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'd also like to know if the cased was dismissed with no charges, according to the OP, then why would they need a GoFundMe for future legal battles?

If you were arrested, falsely, and had a great case, it seems lawyers would be lining up to take 50% of your winning damages.

GoFundMe does not allow fund creations for legal defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom