• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Gauging interest in how many would be interested in a 2 day dark angel medical training class. Dates are not locked in yet and I already have a few folks that have committed to the class. This would be a more advanced trauma class.

It would be a minimum of 12 students needed to host the class and the class would likely be in the harford county area. We are anticipating the class to be in the 450.00 range for both days.

Respond if seriously interested, payment would be due in full prior to the class as we are going to have to commit to them.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Gauging interest in how many would be interested in a 2 day dark angel medical training class. Dates are not locked in yet and I already have a few folks that have committed to the class. This would be a more advanced trauma class.

It would be a minimum of 12 students needed to host the class and the class would likely be in the harford county area. We are anticipating the class to be in the 450.00 range for both days.

Respond if seriously interested, payment would be due in full prior to the class as we are going to have to commit to them.

When you say a more advanced trauma class, would someone who had not had any previous training be overwhelmed?

I was interested in taking the medical course offered on their site but there are no classes close by scheduled for this year.

If you don't mind, could you reply to me in a PM as well as the public board. I may forget what area I asked the question in and may not find it again.

Thank you,

Matt

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Can you list what the class would cover please.

Class Description

The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!!

When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to.

Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K.

Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”.

The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application.

D.A.R.T. is approved for 16 hours of continuing education units for Nationally Registered EMT's and Paramedics. Course number will be printed on certificates. If you require these hours, please enter your National Registry number and certification expiration date in the "Order Notes" section during checkout so that credit will be received.

A manual and all training aids will be provided.
    A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition.
    ***There are no prerequisites for this class***
    Included

The course covers the following:

Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
    The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
    Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
    H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
    Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
    Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
    Hands-on application of the IMK
    Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
    Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
    Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
    Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
    Application of tourniquets
    Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
    Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
    Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
    Response to active shooter situation
    Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
    Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
    Mass casualty triage procedure
    Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)
    Hardware/Kit
    Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
    Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
    An open mind
    **Note: Direct Action Response Training offers no formal certification. It is informational only.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I took this class back in 2013 in Chantilly. It is fantastic even for people with no prior training, like me.

AAR here:
    Https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...-angel-medical-chantilly-va-1110-1111-2013-2/

That's the answer I was looking for. I knew someone had taken the training and couldn't remember who it was. I looked at their schedule for last year based on your recommendation and was set to take their class in New Jersey but it was canceled.

I was bummed when I did not see a class scheduled close by this year.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I second this.

Would this class be available cheaper without the purchase of the kit, seeing as I already have one. A refresher course is always good.

That would be the price without the kit I think. I will get better details once I know I can fill the class, will alkso work them for some kit discounts.

Anyone have any knowledge of the K9 kit?

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    Should be fine

When you say a more advanced trauma class, would someone who had not had any previous training be overwhelmed?

I was interested in taking the medical course offered on their site but there are no classes close by scheduled for this year.

If you don't mind, could you reply to me in a PM as well as the public board. I may forget what area I asked the question in and may not find it again.

Thank you,

Matt

I looked up their training, while I didn't find any in depth info, if it is based upon S.A.B.A. then it should be fine for the "lay" person. SABA= Self Aid/ Buddy Aid which is taught to average cops and soldiers, so I'm sure it starts there w/ basic SABA then bridges into some advanced techniques...if it gets to be over your head, retain whatever info provided and if you keep up w/ this type of training it will eventually make sense. You could prepare by searching "TCCC concepts" as a preview of info

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom