• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you are on the fence, I took an RSO class where Terry was the lead Instructor. He is a Top Notch Instructor. You can't wrong taking one of his classes. Chris

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    If you are on the fence, I took an RSO class where Terry was the lead Instructor. He is a Top Notch Instructor. You can't wrong taking one of his classes. Chris

I very much appreciate those words Chris as I value your opinion, you being one of the people that I have trained with both in a high speed environment as well as taught.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Class is full folks and for those that didn't make my class please check out the class coming next week at baltimore county game and fish as they are a bunch of good instructors giving that one.

murphyw

Jul 11, 2013
    Eastern shore
    I wish I could attend Terry is a great teacher. I was in the July Pistol instructors class and learned a lot about teaching students about Firearms. I am sure this is gonna be a great learning experience for all who attend Hopefuly I can come to a later one Thanks For everything Terry

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I wish I could attend Terry is a great teacher. I was in the July Pistol instructors class and learned a lot about teaching students about Firearms. I am sure this is gonna be a great learning experience for all who attend Hopefuly I can come to a later one Thanks For everything Terry

I will e-mail you soon and we'll see if we can get something together on your side of the bridge. This was coming so I didn't want to pursue it when we last talked.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Peach bottom Inn, about a mile and a half from the range has rooms for just under $60 bucks. I am just making a weekend of it and staying Sat night if anyone was wondering about rooms. 90 min drive for me each way X 4 is more in gas than for the room. Apparently they have a nice restaurant too.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Peach bottom Inn, about a mile and a half from the range has rooms for just under $60 bucks. I am just making a weekend of it and staying Sat night if anyone was wondering about rooms. 90 min drive for me each way X 4 is more in gas than for the room. Apparently they have a nice restaurant too.

Couple of decent places to eat there, not 5 star but tasty. They have a bar at that place as well I believe Blaster.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Just got home and cleaned up after the course. We went through heat, rain, humidity, and more rain, but got the two days in. This was really the first "advanced" formal class I have taken and I enjoyed it very much. Terry and the team of instructors he had helping out where very helpful, I never felt like I wasn't being watched and coached. I especially liked the direct method of teaching, not really a question of how the instructors feel.

The lawyer was great, prob the best resource of the course as far as the law.

I hope to be involved in future classes with any of the instructors. Thanks to all of you.

Now, go practice!!!!!!

TD

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What a great weekend. Worst part of the whole time was me stage frighting my first time ever in front of a formal classroom. :) Terry got things running smoothly in short order! Not my wheel house, just yet. Thanks to Terry for my learning experience.
    The lawyer portion I think is a HUGE TAKE away for the students. Plenty of "what if-ing" and iron clad advice.
    That being said.....

Let's get to range day. Heat, humidity, sun and rain. It was hot. All of the students fought through it and were good sports. Everyone basked in the misery :)
    On the range when the NRA "portion" is over was when we loosened up and shot real training without limitations. Being able to give everyone a taste of some shooting while moving is a huge plus and one of my favorite areas. We really could have done another day, as it is hard to not segway into even more advanced topics as basic ones are brought up. You just want to teach everything!
    Instructors had good mojo cueing off each other as well. I think the students had a good time and learned a lot. We didn't have to over "emphasize" with too many students :). The instructor to student ratio was abundant and there was not a loss for help at any time with anything.

I did learn something myself. This is the first time I have ever seen Beretta/Taurus pistols with slide mounted controls used in any defensive type shooting course. The problems with manipulation were abundant and definitely an achilles heel for those who had them. Unless your hands have the physical ability and prowess to thumb them properly during draw and getting back to the holster, I would recommend leaving them at home for such courses.
    The same goes for 1911's. Please use a pistol that you would be using for self defense as many people were using pistols they said they wouldn't necessarily use. Food for thought.

Good job everyone who attended. Let's do another!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I want to publicly thank Terry and all the other instructors and students that attended this class. It was a blast teaching such great students and watching them grow their skills by the end of the weekend. I learned a whole slew of new sayings, too...LOL

All the instructors were great! I personally learned enough about tactical shooting and building my own skills that it was well worth the long days, the heat and humidity and the rain. Definitely an invaluable experience for any shooter.

Adam from Center Mass Combat Tactics brings such a wealth of knowledge to every class he teaches. A++ instructor! He is so passionate about teaching and makes sure students understand everything and take it from the classroom to the range and back to their own training.

Kudos to Terry for organizing the course and making sure everything went smoothly and stayed on schedule. He brings so much knowledge and experience to the classroom and range that now I want to be a student in one of his classes...LOL

If you have a chance to take a class with Terry or Center Mass Tactical, do so! It's worth your time!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Cute G42 you have there. LOL Does it come as a key fob option? :)

I'll bet if I plugged you in the face with 2-3 rounds you'd change your mind real quick... :lol2:

I'm not saying the Glock 42 would be my primary weapon, but as a backup gun, it beats other guns. Or if I didn't want to carry a larger gun, the 42 would be better than nothing.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Blaster229 Cute G42 you have there. LOL Does it come as a key fob option?
    It is amazing how small pistols are getting, but that G42 is ridiculously small. Almost afraid to break it :D

Blaster, thank you for the input and watching everyone so carefully. I didn't have a beretta/Taurus however had an issue a few times with manipulations. I DID bring what I carry however I am rethinking my options. I mean, it was two times the entire day but........ That's two to many.

TD

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It is amazing how small pistols are getting, but that G42 is ridiculously small. Almost afraid to break it :D

Blaster, thank you for the input and watching everyone so carefully. I didn't have a beretta/Taurus however had an issue a few times with manipulations. I DID bring what I carry however I am rethinking my options. I mean, it was two times the entire day but........ That's two to many.

TD

I was a great time, wasn't it? You shot real well and I could tell you were paying attention to yourself and got into it 110%. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom