Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rimfire
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradshaw21 View Post
I would go with the CZ455 for both of them. The nice thing about the CZ is that you can switch barrels relatively easily between 22lr and 17hmr with factory barrels. They also come threaded for external suppressors OR with integrally suppressed barrels for the 22lr.
That's what I was going to recommend.
Old August 17th, 2018, 01:02 AM #12

Why not just give them one of your 10/22s. Put a BX trigger in it to start and if they like shooting you can help them to customize it to their taste.
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:29 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by antco View Post
I have a couple of CZ 452's and a pile of 10/22's to take up this task.
Ah - I missed the part where you said you already have a pile of 10/22's. That would be a good choice as well.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:45 PM #14
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

Having a son (10), and a daughter (13), I built a 15-22 for each of them to shoot. My son's is camo, daughter's black and purple. I have had Marlin 795, 60, and a Ruger 10/22. While they are all great guns in their own respects, I went with the 15-22s after several recommendations here, and love the 15-22 now. Very reliable, mags are easy to load, the rifles are lights, accept many accessories AR15s do, good supply of parts, very customizable, and gets them used to the controls of an AR if they decide to go that route one day. They are also very easy to take down and clean. I started both my kids off shooting a Daisy Winchester M4 .177 CO2 powered BB gun before the 15-22, so it was a smooth transition. My son is so so into shooting, more into cars, but my daughter loves shooting with me. Make it fun. I get poster boards at Walmart cheap, and using electrical tape make a Tic Tac Toe grid, and because dad is a pushover, I lose and end up buying the ice cream at the Baskin Robbins.
Attached Images

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:40 PM #15

those are some sweet looking rifles. and quality time with the kids. pretty cool. hoping my daughter picks up mom and dad's love for the shooting sports when she gets a little bit older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirex View Post
Having a son (10), and a daughter (13), I built a 15-22 for each of them to shoot. My son's is camo, daughter's black and purple. I have had Marlin 795, 60, and a Ruger 10/22. While they are all great guns in their own respects, I went with the 15-22s after several recommendations here, and love the 15-22 now. Very reliable, mags are easy to load, the rifles are lights, accept many accessories AR15s do, good supply of parts, very customizable, and gets them used to the controls of an AR if they decide to go that route one day. They are also very easy to take down and clean. I started both my kids off shooting a Daisy Winchester M4 .177 CO2 powered BB gun before the 15-22, so it was a smooth transition. My son is so so into shooting, more into cars, but my daughter loves shooting with me. Make it fun. I get poster boards at Walmart cheap, and using electrical tape make a Tic Tac Toe grid, and because dad is a pushover, I lose and end up buying the ice cream at the Baskin Robbins.
bbradshaw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2018, 03:03 AM #16

Have you looked at the Henry mini bolt youth model I got my daughter one, It is single shot bolt action, along the lines of a cricket but my daughter needed it in muddy girl of course. I started her shooting when she was 5. And the Henry was made in NJ.
shooter682 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rimfire