• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Signed. Tried to donate and got errors. But I got a welcome email from MSI. So I either gave you $50 or something like $200. Probably a good thing either way.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I tried to share but others get this message.. I get it as well, maybe bc I use a vpn?
    9af67172026a10fe664b983e9fbbcae8.jpg

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Signed. Tried to donate and got errors. But I got a welcome email from MSI. So I either gave you $50 or something like $200. Probably a good thing either way.

I saw the donation after too. This is the only reason for the petition. OK, so that's smart. The petition itself isn't credible.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I saw the donation after too. This is the only reason for the petition. OK, so that's smart. The petition itself isn't credible.

I think you can send the petition to the target organization but it is being used as a fundraiser tool in this case.. The reality is if you put in a real email it probably is getting sold to the highest bidder. Change.org has a controversial past.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think you can send the petition to the target organization but it is being used as a fundraiser tool in this case.. The reality is if you put in a real email it probably is getting sold to the highest bidder. Change.org has a controversial past.

That's all it is, very common marketing scheme. We've all got those thick envelopes with questions to reply to as if we are some VIP's, then the hook is all the donation boxes to check and make sure your voice is heard!

Calpoke

Dec 12, 2009
    Harford County
    I got this message when I tried to access.

Error 1005 Ray ID: 4a8875bcebc62450 • 2019-02-13 15:52:03 UTC
    Access denied
    What happened?

The owner of this website (www.change.org) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (30633) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4a8875bcebc62450 • Your IP: 207.244.92.203 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I got this message when I tried to access.

Error 1005 Ray ID: 4a8875bcebc62450 • 2019-02-13 15:52:03 UTC
    Access denied
    What happened?

The owner of this website (www.change.org) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (30633) from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4a8875bcebc62450 • Your IP: 207.244.92.203 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Turn off your VPN. Change.org wants your IP address. Doesn't mean anything nefarious but they probably use location in conjunction to the organizations you support to form some sort of marketing database.

I got the same message when I turned off the VPN it works fine. Some sites will block users with VPNs.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    EVERY single petition request, "survey" in the mail, etc. is, and ONLY is a mechanism to get your eyes on the material, or to get you to pass the message along. Absolutely nobody cares about your response, per se. These tools are used to raise funds and spread the word. It's like the push-polling phone calls: "Would you say that you are for murderers, or for gun control?" NOBODY CARES what you say, they just want a moment to plant in your head that if you're not for obviously-benign-thing-X then you are obviously for obviously-evil-thing-Y.

I'm not opposed to fund raisers and PR/marketing. Has to be done. But I'm increasingly annoyed by the phony theatrics of some of these methods. It's harder and harder to support any movement or organization that can't be honest about what they're trying to do, or which seems to be suggesting that you're so dumb you can't understand that the survey/poll/petition is all just virtue signaling to get you feeling awkward if you don't follow up with a donation. Hey! Just ask me for a donation and to spread the word! If I agree with what you're doing, I'll spend the money and preach! Which in many cases I do, and no games necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom