• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There are simpler solutions than going the SBR route, but why discuss them now, in a public part of the forum, when legislation is still being crafted and might be modified to capture the work arounds?

They won't plug every hole; what would they pass next year? ;)

I'm only half kidding.

I think you make a lot of good points; but I don't think the number one goal for the MGA is to seek out and close every loop hole; they just want to make it look like to their voters they are doing something about gun "safety". It's all about appearances. I honestly don't think they care if there are loopholes.

All the voters will hear is that some sort of black rifle has been banned; little details like "oh but they can be made into an SBR" are (I think) so down in the weeds that no one cares.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If they potentially ban HBAR and demand confiscation, why would not the confiscate ALL the currently banned firearms?

If they ban HBARs, based on the existing laws, it just means you can no longer BUY them.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If they potentially ban HBAR and demand confiscation, why would not the confiscate ALL the currently banned firearms?

If they ban HBARs, based on the existing laws, it just means you can no longer BUY them.

I think you are right; we don't know what the details of an HBAR ban would be. Perhaps I was hasty in even asking the question about perusing an SBR option; just exploring hypothetical options. What good is a forum if we can't discuss these things? Not responding to you in particular; mostly to other comments.

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    I think you are right; we don't know what the details of an HBAR ban would be. Perhaps I was hasty in even asking the question about perusing an SBR option; just exploring hypothetical options. What good is a forum if we can't discuss these things? Not responding to you in particular; mostly to other comments.

I would say that the SBR thing is a valid backup option. There's no reason for them confiscate all AR15 lowers when they are still legal in some form. Supposedly this is why MSP requires AR15 lowers to still be done on a 77R, in the event that somebody goes the pistol route.

If HBARs were banned, ARs would be just like the way AKs are now where pistols, SBRs and rifles chambered in something other than the original specification would still be legal.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

You did a good thing starting this thread so that the discussion of an actual HBAR bill “political response” could continue without the derailing from folks who want to focus on their property, and not the politics.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I just think we need to put the effort into making sure the laws are not passed and that the consequences of passing them are ULTRA clear to those voting for the bills or signing them into law.

To me, it a defeatist approach to jump into compliance techniques right away. Again, JMO.

Getting them out of office is contingent on changing their constituency. Do you have a real action solution on how we do that in his district or just theory?

ca18thc

Sep 7, 2013
    I believe all you would have to do is separate your hbar upper from the lower and you would be legal. It is only an hbar AR15 when they are mated together. The upper alone is not a firearm and the lower would be legal in other configurations. After we win the fight, they can reunite.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Can you do eForm1's by yourself or do you have to go through somewhere like silencershop.com.

Yourself. You can take a picture of yourself (blank background) and upload it. Just have to request the finger print cards from the ATF. They will mail them to you and then you need a pad of ink from Amazon or where ever. Do your finger prints following the instructions and then mail them in and submit everything else online.

Oh and print and mail the physical copy to your CLEO

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I believe all you would have to do is separate your hbar upper from the lower and you would be legal. It is only an hbar AR15 when they are mated together. The upper alone is not a firearm and the lower would be legal in other configurations. After we win the fight, they can reunite.

More or less. Just don’t be stupid enough to, say, drive around with both “together”. And I don’t mean assembled.

Just like don’t drive with a 10.5” barreled AR pistol and a rifle stock for said AR pistol in the trunk of your car. That one is an easy nab on constructive possession.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Yourself. You can take a picture of yourself (blank background) and upload it. Just have to request the finger print cards from the ATF. They will mail them to you and then you need a pad of ink from Amazon or where ever. Do your finger prints following the instructions and then mail them in and submit everything else online.

Oh and print and mail the physical copy to your CLEO

Thanks. When I go to the ATF site it says, "Note: NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service." So how are you guys doing eform1?

edit: Looks like there is a link to eform1 but that quote is still in there. Typical govt. employees staying on top of it...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Getting them out of office is contingent on changing their constituency. Do you have a real action solution on how we do that in his district or just theory?

Not a whole lot can be done without redistricting. The game is rigged against us, but, IMO, at this point looking for ways to conform does nothing either.

Without sounding morbid, a major loss, at the hands of their laws, is going to have to occur. Whether that is the murder of a denied applicant or court loss, it is going to have to happen.

I am in no way suggesting we manufacture the loss or even initiate it, but something groundbreaking has to happen. The Dems love a tragedy and that is the only way we will get the media coverage and attention of the lazy and the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not a whole lot can be done without redistricting. The game is rigged against us, but, IMO, at this point looking for ways to conform does nothing either.

Without sounding morbid, a major loss, at the hands of their laws, is going to have to occur. Whether that is the murder of a denied applicant or court loss, it is going to have to happen.

I am in no way suggesting we manufacture the loss or even initiate it, but something groundbreaking has to happen. The Dems love a tragedy and that is the only way we will get the media coverage and attention of the lazy and the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kind of loss (other than court) I'm inferring only leads the Left to believe they didn't make the laws onerous enough, and then oblige passing tougher ones.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The kind of loss (other than court) I'm inferring only leads the Left to believe they didn't make the laws onerous enough, and then oblige passing tougher ones.

I am referring to someone who applies for a permit for self-defense/protection based on events or threats and MSP denies them, like they have repeatedly to applicants who have witnesses, but not police reports. Or maybe someone with a police report, but in need of protection immediately, not after completing 16 hours and waiting for MSP.

Basically, the most vulnerable.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I am referring to someone who applies for a permit for self-defense/protection based on events or threats and MSP denies them, like they have repeatedly to applicants who have witnesses, but not police reports. Or maybe someone with a police report, but in need of protection immediately, not after completing 16 hours and waiting for MSP.

Basically, the most vulnerable.

Yes, understood.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I still say, based on the past, the most likely outcomes would be to either make HBAR regulated (like a lower) or ban the future sale/transfer/etc, with an effective date of 10/1/2019.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I still say, based on the past, the most likely outcomes would be to either make HBAR regulated (like a lower) or ban the future sale/transfer/etc, with an effective date of 10/1/2019.

My money is on this or a Hogan veto if the bill remains unchanged.

Confiscation/Ban isn't going to happen unless congress overrides the veto. I first thought he would avoid signing or vetoing anything but maybe not. I don't think Hogan will have a future in national politics if he doesn't veto and he knows it. Most likely outcome is grandfathering, future sale ban, with years of litigation.

I feel bad for the local gun shops when it all goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom