• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Because instead of giving the man a handout, I prefer to teach him to fish.

Sage advise. The more educated we are on the process and the infringings. The better equipped we will be to take the fight to them at judiciary and in the social sphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Ummm, sorry, that is not the reason that Shannon "got out" of the NRA Rep job. I will not speak to her private business, but I will say without hesitation that the above is absolutely incorrect.

Sorry, I was told that was the reason. My apologies!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The senators all stole my thunder. Didn’t have a whole lot to add at that point. I did convince a lady beside me to email her legislators in opposition to sb346 as an abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never be afraid to reiterate what has already been said, and how it would personally impact you and your family.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    We need to have a MDS swap meet while face to face sales and trades are still legal. Not only would it be a good thing to do, but might be a chance to monkey with their back door accounting.

So you sell to me for $1, I sell to the next person for $1, and about 10 people later, they sell it back to you. :D

Everyone one goes with what the brought, after 10 transfers.

Oh, and bills of sale are NOT required. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So you sell to me for $1, I sell to the next person for $1, and about 10 people later, they sell it back to you. :D

Everyone one goes with what the brought, after 10 transfers.

Oh, and bills of sale are NOT required. :D

With all those $1 bills, the wives will think something is up.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Or a simple “yes” or “no”

There is one on the FB Maryland Gun owners who I have no doubt knows some answers, but will never just spill it. The group has pretty much labeled him a troll, yet I know he's very knowledgeable.....

Because instead of giving the man a handout, I prefer to teach him to fish.

..... It's a mistake to project ones own passion on a stranger asking a question. There are certainly people here that could answer a quick yes or no question. Sure he could read the Bill. If you want to dismiss people not up to the passion level of the red meat crowd, I'd contend you're just blowing off a prospect instead of letting them get in the water at their own pace. My attorney never answered my questions by citing where in nexus lexus to find it. Many at MDS do answer questions, with a cite. Those are answers I think anyone can appreciate, then dig if they choose.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    The group has pretty much labeled him a troll

My attorney never answered my questions by citing where in nexus lexus to find it.

Is his handle Schipperke?

You are paying your attorney. I do not feel like answering for free, questions that people who can operate the internet can find on their own if they bothered.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    It looks like no one else even bothered to answer the man with a "yes" or "no," so I think that too much information certainly beats no information.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is his handle Schipperke?

You are paying your attorney. I do not feel like answering for free, questions that people who can operate the internet can find on their own if they bothered.

If I can provide an answer to simple question, I will. I took the question asked as pretty simple, but some will argue it isn't, which is fine. The member on FB is one that always answers a question with a question, yet I'm fairly positive could answer the question in three words or less. If you are an attorney paid for your time, then I understand why you don't provide free answers. Even posting a link though would be self defeating in that aspect.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The NRA was side by side with us in 2013, as a matter of fact, Shannon Alford, who was the NRA-ILA rep at the time pretty much lived in Annapolis in 2013. Every year after that, up to House gun bill day last year, she spent countless hours in Annapolis fight against Maryland infringements and fighting for further freedoms. In addition to Maryland, she was also responsible for fighting in Delaware and Illinois..

AGC and MSRPA were right beside us and in the back rooms with us as well, working on the same issues and fighting the same fights as MSI.

Since AGC closed their Legislative VP position that leaves MSI and MSRPA as the State level 2A groups, with the NRA-ILA still showing up. I have yet to meet Shannon's replacement so I have no clue who they are, but I trust they have been just as active as she was. I will find out for sure on Monday, and would be happy to report back if you like.

Having been involved for at least the last twenty-five years in all things gun related in Maryland, I have never seen a more dedicated NRA-ILA rep than Shannon Alford. She and representatives of our gun community put up a yeoman's fight against the tyrannical onslaught that they faced. I and many others are sincerely grateful for their tireless effort to beat back the anti-gun zealots that make up our General Assembly. Hopefully, there is the will to do at least as much again this year.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    It looks like no one else even bothered to answer the man with a "yes" or "no," so I think that too much information certainly beats no information.

I appreciate your trying to encourage the lazy to take the time to read rather than expect everyone else to do their work for them.

However, I am not being lazy. I have spent far more time lately than should be necessary reading not just past and current MGA tomfoolery with guns, but a bunch of ATF policy documentation and past SCOTUS and appellate court decisions, all because I actually do give a shit about this stuff, even if I don't like to spend my time posting about it on this, or any other forum. I don't think I should have to, either.

The reason I asked is because AFTER having taken that time to read the bill extensively, I have heard the bill MULTIPLE TIMES being referred to as one that "requires" you to "register all long guns with MSP", implying currently owned long guns when it in fact DOES NOT.

So thanks, but my question was more about asking someone to source where the claim comes from rather than getting them to regurgitate the whole bill.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I appreciate your trying to encourage the lazy to take the time to read rather than expect everyone else to do their work for them.

However, I am not being lazy. I have spent far more time lately than should be necessary reading not just past and current MGA tomfoolery with guns, but a bunch of ATF policy documentation and past SCOTUS and appellate court decisions, all because I actually do give a shit about this stuff, even if I don't like to spend my time posting about it on this, or any other forum. I don't think I should have to, either.

The reason I asked is because AFTER having taken that time to read the bill extensively, I have heard the bill MULTIPLE TIMES being referred to as one that "requires" you to "register all long guns with MSP", implying currently owned long guns when it in fact DOES NOT.

So thanks, but my question was more about asking someone to source where the claim comes from rather than getting them to regurgitate the whole bill.

Glad to hear all around. Your background work was absent when you posted the original question. I appreciate that you make the effort to educate yourself. I posted the link to the bill so that you did not have to rely on hearsay for an answer.

I hope that that you can make tomorrow and Wednesday, as it is refreshing when folks can bring facts to an argument.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember, they have set aside a HUGE crowd overflow room with big screens and speakers on the first floor of the House Building that will show the hearings underway live in the House Judiciary Committee room.

This overflow room, historically, turns into an awesome MDshooters “class reunion” of sorts, where you can talk and hang out with folks that you regularly hang with online.

There is a cafeteria in the basement, but bring sandwiches, snacks and energy bars if you like.

See you in the morning, or the afternoon if that is your best time to make it!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Remember, they have set aside a HUGE crowd overflow room with big screens and speakers on the first floor of the House Building that will show the hearings underway live in the House Judiciary Committee room.

This overflow room, historically, turns into an awesome MDshooters “class reunion” of sorts, where you can talk and hang out with folks that you regularly hang with online.

There is a cafeteria in the basement, but bring sandwiches, snacks and energy bars if you like.

See you in the morning, or the afternoon if that is your best time to make it!

The cafeteria is actually in the basement of the Senate Office Building.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Is there any place within walking distance (5 minutes) to grab something to eat during the day? Can we bring food into the overflow room?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom