• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks! Guess I'll first try & get a seat in the room, then when the 1st bill I oppose comes up I'll make my comments.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    New committee chairman and his first gun bill day. Typical would be bill sponsor/panel, then supporters, then opposition, as individual bills. We have not been able to get any definitive answers from the committee on how tomorrow will run.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hope the turnout blows his mind.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    How do they schedule the testimonies? Do they discuss each bill separately & then have those for/against each one come up? My testimony isn't specific to any one bill, just a general admonition to the delegates. If they do handle them separately, when would I get a chance to speak?

You could speak at each one, even if it is just to say your name and that you oppose it.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    You could speak at each one, even if it is just to say your name and that you oppose it.

That's what I was thinking, after I give my comments at the 1st one, I'll just say I oppose each of the rest. Think they'll mind if I say "I oppose because it's a stupid idea"? :innocent0

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    That's what I was thinking, after I give my comments at the 1st one, I'll just say I oppose each of the rest. Think they'll mind if I say "I oppose because it's a stupid idea"? :innocent0
    If you can says it's a stupid idea because _______, it would be better.

PM Raineman for tips on keeping it real!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember, they have set aside a HUGE crowd overflow room with big screens and speakers on the first floor of the House Building that will show the hearings underway live in the House Judiciary Committee room.

This overflow room, historically, turns into an awesome MDshooters “class reunion” of sorts, where you can talk and hang out with folks that you regularly hang with online.

There is a cafeteria in the basement, but bring sandwiches, snacks and energy bars if you like.

See you in the morning, or the afternoon if that is your best time to make it!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    That’ll work...

Attachments

• 635119F5-4454-46A0-887B-63D23CF698E4.jpeg
      635119F5-4454-46A0-887B-63D23CF698E4.jpeg
      112 KB · Views: 388

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    How do they schedule the testimonies? Do they discuss each bill separately & then have those for/against each one come up? My testimony isn't specific to any one bill, just a general admonition to the delegates. If they do handle them separately, when would I get a chance to speak?

I wondered about the process too, but I like the idea of testifying on only one proposal and because it's MY time, I'll cover ALL the bases. There's no effin way with the number of bills and those signed up to testify (on both sides and each using our allotted 3 minutes) that it will be over by 8pm.

I don't want to be held inside waiting to hear my name called. Too much fun to be had elsewhere! :patriot:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I wondered about the process too, but I like the idea of testifying on only one proposal and because it's MY time, I'll cover ALL the bases. There's no effin way with the number of bills and those signed up to testify (on both sides and each using our allotted 3 minutes) that it will be over by 8pm.

I don't want to be held inside waiting to hear my name called. Too much fun to be had elsewhere! :patriot:

They will only let you speak to the bill called at the time, you also have, at most, 3 minutes to speak on each bill. And part of the fun is keeping them there until the final person is heard on the final bill.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

They will only let you speak to the bill called at the time, you also have, at most, 3 minutes to speak on each bill. And part of the fun is keeping them there until the final person is heard on the final bill.

There are ways to be creative and get your point across. It will be increasingly difficult this year to stay on task and not get reprimanded.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Okay lads, I'm hitting the sack. Good Lord willing & no trees come down tonight I'll see you on the bricks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom