• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    What a complete and total waste of time.

They aren’t going to listen to you. They ARE going to vote exactly how they intended to vote anyway, regardless of what you say.

Take that day and do something productive instead. Do something with your kids. Or your parents. Take the wife out for a long, expensive lunch.

Anything is a better use of time than testifying, because it’s absolutely pointless.

Unless you’re going to be there specifically to hand out thousands of dollars to various politician’s campaign funds, then nothing you do is going to matter.

Money talks.

You know, I spend a huge amount of time showing up and testifying. I spend hours crafting written testimony. And yes, I think it makes a difference, if only for the really bad stuff we have dodged. And that's attorney time free to MSI and the cause. If you don't show up to testify or otherwise communicate with your representatives in the General Assembly and make a stand, then you have no standing to complain. That's just how I feel.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

They aren’t going to listen to you. They ARE going to vote exactly how they intended to vote anyway, regardless of what you say.

Take that day and do something productive instead. Do something with your kids. Or your parents. Take the wife out for a long, expensive lunch.

Anything is a better use of time than testifying, because it’s absolutely pointless.

Unless you’re going to be there specifically to hand out thousands of dollars to various politician’s campaign funds, then nothing you do is going to matter.

Money talks.
    Please leave the board!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    You know, I spend a huge amount of time showing up and testifying. I spend hours crafting written testimony. And yes, I think it makes a difference, if only for the really bad stuff we have dodged. And that's attorney time free to MSI and the cause. If you don't show up to testify or otherwise communicate with your representatives in the General Assembly and make a stand, then you have no standing to complain. That's just how I feel.

And we thank you, sir! :mdpatriot

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Please add my thanks and admiration as well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Please keep up the good fight!

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    You know, when Hogan was elected, I was hopeful it would stall the anti gun movement in MD. But with his willingness to distance himself from the NRA, and passing anti gun laws, I have no hope in him helping us, of protecting the constitution. Seems like with his blessing, the left is just shotgunning the legislature with all sorts of gun bills. I was optimistic they would be vetoed, or not even make it out of commitee. But not now, I think a good deal of these would pass. The Hbar ban, the ban on private transfers, maybe the one gun a month limit, possibly the long gun license, the ban on 80%s and buildong "ghost" guns, and the others I forgot. I was hoping to make it in MD until my kids are on their own, but not sure if I can. I fought against the 2013 FSA to no avail. Now it might be even worse. With the left wanting to make it legal to kill 3rd term babies, set up herion dens using tax dollars, decriminalize drugs, let illegals vote and receive benefits and paid tuition, criminalize misgendering, and reduce the penalties for violent crimes due to perceived disparities, yet infringe on honest, law abiding citizens, I gotta find an oasis of sanity somewhere.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    You know, when Hogan was elected, I was hopeful it would stall the anti gun movement in MD. But with his willingness to distance himself from the NRA, and passing anti gun laws, I have no hope in him helping us, of protecting the constitution. Seems like with his blessing, the left is just shotgunning the legislature with all sorts of gun bills. I was optimistic they would be vetoed, or not even make it out of commitee. But not now, I think a good deal of these would pass. The Hbar ban, the ban on private transfers, maybe the one gun a month limit, possibly the long gun license, the ban on 80%s and buildong "ghost" guns, and the others I forgot. I was hoping to make it in MD until my kids are on their own, but not sure if I can. I fought against the 2013 FSA to no avail. Now it might be even worse. With the left wanting to make it legal to kill 3rd term babies, set up herion dens using tax dollars, decriminalize drugs, let illegals vote and receive benefits and paid tuition, criminalize misgendering, and reduce the penalties for violent crimes due to perceived disparities, yet infringe on honest, law abiding citizens, I gotta find an oasis of sanity somewhere.

I agree 100%. In the beginning they kind of stood down and just proposed some minor things. We even gained a little ground by getting rid of the shell casing and finger prints for permit renewals. However they are now full steam ahead. I think it's partly fueled by all his anti-Trump rhetoric making them realize that he is truly one of them.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    This is looking really bad. Maryland already sucks as it is but this would take it way past that. I'm not likely to be able to get time to go down to Annapolis, aside from that is there anything actually meaningful I can do? I've called and sent many emails to my reps but I'm in 3A so for MD I have Ron and Karen Young and Carol Krimm, nationally i have Cardin, Van Hollen, and Trone. So every time they basically say screw you, we don't care what you think and we're going to do it anyway. What else can I do?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Hogan will have an excuse or rationalization for all of them should they make it that far. I don't think there's been a gun bill he didn't like.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

And of all of them that have been proposed, which are likely to be overturned by anyone other than the SCOTUS?
    Maybe the 3D gun ban?
    How do you fight the rest after they've been passed?
    They already limit regulated guns to 1 a month
    Already a Qual license for handguns
    Already require you to use an FFL on regulated guns

What's the legal argument against expanding those rules to "non-regulated" guns?
    This is all a shit show, and there will be no help from the governor's mansion even after so many gun owners turned their backs on their principles to vote for the man.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Thanks for doing this. After reading MSI's newsletter yesterday and doing some research of my own, it seemed like there was a lot going on. So, I wanted a place to keep track of all of it and was about to start my own 2019 Gun Bill Thread in the hopes of keeping it up to date and providing a resource for everybody. After looking at your OP, Jesus, my head is about to explode.

I went to the MSI website to see if there was anywhere I could see all the anti-gun stuff this session, but there was no concise list.

Can somebody please sticky this thread for the 2019 session?

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    It seems like this year the dems see hogan as sympathetic to new 2a infringements and are back to pushing them like when a known D was in the governor's mansion. Looks like my shopping list is about the reorganize itself again.

I am so weary of all of this. I retire in 2 years, had really wanted to stay in MD cause I love the state and what it offers, but they are making it impossible. Probably end up in WV now.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    737, prohibiting private sales.

That, plus making antiques and muzzleloaders firearms for prohibited persons.

Banning HBARs (okay, maybe it only makes them regulated per handguns. The bill text isn’t posted yet)

Making temporary transfers of regulated firearms have to go through 7-day wait, fees and then the same to go back (IE my wife can’t use any of my handguns out of my safe for self defense).

Banning CNC’d firearms.

All the laws are coming out of the wood work.

The HBAR text is posted and it is a straight ban. The remove the exception from the list of assault weapons and as a result ALL Colt AR-15s and their copies are banned. No more exception for the HBAR. That really pisses me off, and they are not even providing a reach around to those that bought an HBAR between 10/1/2013 and 10/1/2019. Complete BS.

It really is amazing how many anti-gun bills are coming out. Quite f'ing ridiculous that my wife and I would need separate safes, but I think I read in the "transfer" bill that immediate family is excepted.

I need to wrap my head around all these bills and their specific language, but right now, my head feels like it is about to explode.

I wonder how many registered Democrats will be up in arms about this? I know at least 1. lol Guessing there are a lot more.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    He is just frustrated as we all are.

I have the same problem as the poster above in Frederick. I have written to my reps and they all send me back an FU letter.

People need to lose in the primaries based upon their stance on gun control. Plain and simple. Until that starts happening, then we will continue to see this BS in the General Assembly.

We shall see what Hogan does now that he does not have to worry about re-election.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The HBAR text is posted and it is a straight ban. The remove the exception from the list of assault weapons and as a result ALL Colt AR-15s and their copies are banned. No more exception for the HBAR. That really pisses me off, and they are not even providing a reach around to those that bought an HBAR between 10/1/2013 and 10/1/2019. Complete BS.

It really is amazing how many anti-gun bills are coming out. Quite f'ing ridiculous that my wife and I would need separate safes, but I think I read in the "transfer" bill that immediate family is excepted.

I need to wrap my head around all these bills and their specific language, but right now, my head feels like it is about to explode.

I wonder how many registered Democrats will be up in arms about this? I know at least 1. lol Guessing there are a lot more.

Nope, there is NO exception in the transfer bill.

I point that out when I wrote my legislators. There are no exceptions in it for immediate family/spouse and no exceptions for exception circumstances like self defense (that MD Long gun Qualification/universal background check bill DOES have an exception for exceptional circumstances).

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Anyone think we should start having protests instead of just rallies ? Because it looks like we really have no other means left to argue on the behalf of gun owners in this state. We have been pushed into a corner and it's obvious we will never be heard. I'm just writing this because i'm frustrated and all the e-mailing phone calling letter writing rallies etc is just falling on deaf ears. What can we actual do that's going to make a difference. Because at this point it looks like waiting and hoping SCOTUS saves us one day maybe is about all we have. Our limited and ineffective avenues of relief combined with the big blue deck being stack against us makes me think that maybe the more they get away with the faster we may get to the supreme court. I feel like we are on an out of control roller coaster of BS and there is no way to slow it down at the state level.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    We shall see what Hogan does now that he does not have to worry about re-election.[/QUOTE]

Hogan has never stopped running for reelection the minute he won in 2014!

Even if he would "right the ship" I would never support him ever again. He has proven time and time again to not be a friend of the Constitution. Everything he's done is for his own personal gain.

At best he's nothing but an enabler for the corrupt MDGA.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle

Money talks.

So while many of us are out doing other things, MSI is working on our behalf. To respond in such a condescending, negative way is counterproductive to the process. I don't actively participate as much as I should, and I hope to get more involved. But I'll be damned if I understand why someone would come here to trash the efforts of MSI or any 2A group working for us. Unbelievable.

Thanks to Mark and everyone working to preserve our 2A rights.

And think about it - it's more than just guns they're after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom