• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Never fear; there are literally millions of stupid guns out there. They're not going away.

Meanwhile, those who long for guns that are smarter than they themselves are will have the opportunity to buy them.

Frankly, I'm far more concerned about computer-controlled vehicles. When all the cars and trucks that were simple and owner-serviceable finally turn to rust, the opportunity to be tracked and traced by whomever has access to the software will be inescapable. So will the owners themselves; dotGov will know where you go, and will probably have the ability to control your vehicle, at least to the point of being capable of immobilising it.

Thank heaven they're on our side!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "law enforcement agents are beta testing its product, a similar but simpler model. "

Yeah, that doesn't sound suspicious at all. :innocent0

They will make it so yours can be disabled by LE, but theirs won't be susceptible.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    :innocent0

H19536-L161335333.jpg

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    They will make it so yours can be disabled by LE, but theirs won't be susceptible.

I suspect criminals all over are just waiting for details. What part of the body do we need to cut of to steal a cool LEO weapon and use it. :innocent0

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Never fear; there are literally millions of stupid guns out there. They're not going away.

Meanwhile, those who long for guns that are smarter than they themselves are will have the opportunity to buy them.

Frankly, I'm far more concerned about computer-controlled vehicles. When all the cars and trucks that were simple and owner-serviceable finally turn to rust, the opportunity to be tracked and traced by whomever has access to the software will be inescapable. So will the owners themselves; dotGov will know where you go, and will probably have the ability to control your vehicle, at least to the point of being capable of immobilising it.

Thank heaven they're on our side!

That's a good point. I tend to agree. With the advent of truly automated driving systems upon us, I fear the driver's license is going to become in reality a travel license. Subject to all the controls and monitoring a government wishes to place on it. I can hear the voice out of the car speaker now; "Your trip to this destination cannot be authorized. I'm sorry to report that your mortgage company has been late with the payment on your real estate taxes. Your driver's license is only authorized for travel to the grocery store and documented medical appointments. Please call this 800 number for more information......."

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That's a good point. I tend to agree. With the advent of truly automated driving systems upon us, I fear the driver's license is going to become in reality a travel license. Subject to all the controls and monitoring a government wishes to place on it. I can hear the voice out of the car speaker now; "Your trip to this destination cannot be authorized. I'm sorry to report that you are mortgage company has been late with the payment on your real estate taxes. Your driver's license is only authorized for travel to the grocery store and documented medical appointments. Please call this 800 number for more information......."

****On newer cars, this would be very easy to implement. I'm constantly amazed at how interconnected tech is and how easy it is to weave an individuals patterns of travel, shopping, calls, and who they meet and hang out with. It's like those inter-lock systems for alcoholics to verify they have not been drinking before being allowed to start their car, etc..

I could see a Repo'd car being shut down for collection, or some poor guys pacemaker/defribrillator being given a few jolts as a not too gentle reminder to pay up their parking and EZ-Pass bills... :innocent0

Hmmm... Smart Gun? Locked until you pay your gun registration fee (yearly), and verify it stays at your home, unless you have a CCW and it is restricted to operate at your home and work only.

Could happen.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I suspect criminals all over are just waiting for details. What part of the body do we need to cut of to steal a cool LEO weapon and use it. :innocent0

I think you’re right. It will be a badge of honor for a gang banger to have a cop’s smart gun.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here are 2 of my home made guns. 10mm and .45.

Posting pictures of your home-made ghost guns seems contrary to the concept somehow.

I trust you have others, but please don't tell us about them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Posting pictures of your home-made ghost guns seems contrary to the concept somehow.

I trust you have others, but please don't tell us about them.

Oh, I don’t own those anymore. They were melted down when I became a Buddhist monk.

* I have intention of complying with any further gun laws.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Here are 2 of my home made guns. 10mm and .45.

That bottom one looks like a Stealth Arms one. Even with all the screw ups I did one in 9mm and I gotta say thier quality is top notch even if it takes them 3 tries to get you all the parts you ordered and a few calls to get them to actually create the order you paid for.

Love mine

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That bottom one looks like a Stealth Arms one. Even with all the screw ups I did one in 9mm and I gotta say thier quality is top notch even if it takes them 3 tries to get you all the parts you ordered and a few calls to get them to actually create the order you paid for.

Love mine

The frame is steel from The Buffalo. Slide is Remsport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom