Concealed carrying.. maintenance, adjusting, etc...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Any given time, my counter can look like this.
    The never ending evolution of new holsters, guns, and new years, requires a once over.
    I get some of my most used crap out and inspect it. Try new guns with old holsters and new holsters with old guns.
    Throw different shirts on and see how things work out.
    Like a change your smoke alarm battery reminder, hit all your carry stuff a couple times a year. Maybe you need some loctite on screws, or glance at stitching on sewn items.
    Don't just roll out the door not trying something new without familiarizing with it first.

Just got a new G-Code Phenom Stealth for my new 365X.
    I'm going to do a comparison with Vedder in a day or two or 3.
    b0afb1d9af8a3f86f6ecc1e34ea2be41.jpg

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I see a few IWB on the counter. My wife can carry a J frame all day like that but I haven't warmed up to it...maybe it's because of the gut I developed the last few years.

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I haven't changed my setup since I started carrying, it works flawlessly and is minimal

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have been wondering about a belly band, the name implies you need a belly for it so i got that part in the bag. Blaster i must confess i don't do much of that, i very seldom take my gun from its holster.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Which are tou liking more the 43x or the 365x?
    Depends on how I'm feeling actually.
    A 43x being bigger, fits my hand best, and that's what's important when you need to shoot.
    I have zero complaints with it. I think I got the 365x just because. I thought it was a good chance to try out a new G-Code holster. Different guns and different carry for different situations.

Because the grip is shorter than the 43X, it pinches into my fat. But the jury is still out on that after I wear it a few weeks.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Depends on how I'm feeling actually.
    A 43x being bigger, fits my hand best, and that's what's important when you need to shoot.
    I have zero complaints with it. I think I got the 365x just because. I thought it was a good chance to try out a new G-Code holster. Different guns and different carry for different situations.

Because the grip is shorter than the 43X, it pinches into my fat. But the jury is still out on that after I wear it a few weeks.

Is the 365x as small as the 43? My wife carries a 43 and its just too small for me to be as comfortable as id like.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Yes. I hated the regular 43 because of the grip. The 365X grip size works for me though.

I started with a standard P365 and the grip was too small to be consistently accurate. $39.99 later for an XL grip and it’s become my #1 option. Amazing how easy the swap is.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I started with a standard P365 and the grip was too small to be consistently accurate. $39.99 later for an XL grip and it’s become my #1 option. Amazing how easy the swap is.
    Just for giggles, I bought a pinky extension for the mag, but even as big as my paws are, it adds about another 1/4 inch which fits nothing to help. Immediately took it off.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just for giggles, I bought a pinky extension for the mag, but even as big as my paws are, it adds about another 1/4 inch which fits nothing to help. Immediately took it off.

I had tried the 12rd mags with the sleeve on the standard grip but didn’t get great results- the grip shape is different than the XL standard, plus the XL grip frame has a flared mag well making reloads much more seamless.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    A very pristine model 457 .45 I picked up last week. Barely fired.
    For many years I just avoided buying any 3rd gen I saw. This gal wasn't getting past me this time.
    Not a scratch anywhere.
    c41f359ce00ff74df03f8c94865a1c00.jpg
    3459b730e2b5a2927947c60de12e3708.jpg

Are you collecting again? I remember you posting about the tribulations of owning too many guns, and the negativisms of such. At any rate, that’s a nice pistol. I would like to wrap my palm around that. :)

I have a Beretta Bearcat (I know, not the same caliber) but your pistol reminds me of it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Are you collecting again? I remember you posting about the tribulations of owning too many guns, and the negativisms of such. At any rate, that’s a nice pistol. I would like to handle that. :)
    I never helped out at a gun store in the past. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom