• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Anyone ever see the true story of that fugitive who was in the woods that had killed a family I think it was. They found him and were in a helicopter. One scoped rifle and one full auto AR.
    Fugitive got off one shot and killed the sniper in the copter just as the guy with the full auto was letting loose a 2nd burst and killed him.
    So I guess Full auto has its niche use. I'm sure there are other situations where full auto is needed other than suppression fire. But I'm not a SWAT officer soo I can only make a guess...

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    CCSO Warrant Team has 5.7 FN full auto.
    They train near the dump.
    Often times they will put a notice on the CCSO Facebook page that they will be training and to expect to see and hear things.
    *directly from a current member of the warrant team - seen it myself.

RockyTheDog

Sep 5, 2011
    Every dept has them

And have for some time. In the late 1980s I was driving past the county courthouse in La Plata and noticed a guy holding a S&W M76 standing behind the corner of the courthouse. When I called the sheriff's dept they told me, "That's one of ours." I think they were holding the arraignment for Rayful Edmonds there (they moved it for security purposes) so it would have been about 1986. Some of the old Dragnet episodes from the 1950's have the detectives issued Thompsons.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    And have for some time. In the late 1980s I was driving past the county courthouse in La Plata and noticed a guy holding a S&W M76 standing behind the corner of the courthouse. When I called the sheriff's dept they told me, "That's one of ours." I think they were holding the arraignment for Rayful Edmonds there (they moved it for security purposes) so it would have been about 1986. Some of the old Dragnet episodes from the 1950's have the detectives issued Thompsons.

I was in the Jury Pool, when that trial was brought down here, from PG Co.

There were Deputies from Charles and PG County, as well as U.S. Marshal's Service, in La Plata.
    Most were armed with full-auto weapons, and several snipers were on the roof (and in/on top of adjacent buildings) around the courthouse.

Charles County used the Beretta 9mm sub guns, and Beretta .223.
    The CCSO sniper used a Remington 700 Varmint in .308 at the time.

A close friend was on Charles County's EST team, at the time. (May he forever Rest In Peace.)

Fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom