Strikeman Laser Firearm Training- worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    I bought this about a couple of months ago and have been using this on the regular. It's a great training tool for handguns (although it doesn't work with my SR9). I have issues with using it with my AR15. The firing pin on the AR will keep the button depressed which will make the program think you are registering multiple shots until you pull back on the charging handle.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I bought this about a couple of months ago and have been using this on the regular. It's a great training tool for handguns (although it doesn't work with my SR9). I have issues with using it with my AR15. The firing pin on the AR will keep the button depressed which will make the program think you are registering multiple shots until you pull back on the charging handle.

Not 100% sure it is compatible, but don't see why it wouldn't be. The BlackBeard training system by mantis uses a battery for the magazine, and replaces the bolt. It shoots a laser when you pull the trigger, and also resets the trigger again, just like normal shooting. I haven't tried one yet, but I have asked Santa, so we'll see.

MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    Not 100% sure it is compatible, but don't see why it wouldn't be. The BlackBeard training system by mantis uses a battery for the magazine, and replaces the bolt. It shoots a laser when you pull the trigger, and also resets the trigger again, just like normal shooting. I haven't tried one yet, but I have asked Santa, so we'll see.

funny thing is that I've never tried it. On their manual it specifically stated that it doesn't work with the sr series ruger pistols along with some berettas and walthers.

Ill try it tomorrow to see what's happens. I've just been using it out of my CZs and RIA 1911 9mm

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    funny thing is that I've never tried it. On their manual it specifically stated that it doesn't work with the sr series ruger pistols along with some berettas and walthers.

Ill try it tomorrow to see what's happens. I've just been using it out of my CZs and RIA 1911 9mm

I think we are misunderstood. The blackbeard is for AR platform. I was responding to your comment about having issues with the AR platform.

No idea about the pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom