• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    I am APPALLED with the extent that my rights have been violated and infringed upon!

I'm 40, owned guns since I was 20 - mostly handguns, always had one shotgun to me, and maybe a .22 rifle here and there. I am getting into the AR platform brand spanking new and along with it has been an education in 2A rights. Insert all the OMGs & WTHs!!!

I used to think it was understandable that there be a background check and junk, but now I'm not so sure.

Background checks - It's our right! Should they just expect everyone has one? So why do these processes even exist? If I can walk out with a long gun, I should be able to walk out with a handgun or a freggin' machine gun! It's a right for me to have it and I don't see where there were any specified restrictions.

Conceal carry - again, why is there any other view other than everyone has one strapped to their side and under the seat, or tucked in their purse?! Why do I need a "good and substantial" cause? Do I need a good and substantial reason to open my mouth or own property (other than a firearm)?!

Firearm restrictions and bans? Why? This right was acknowledged for the purposes of protecting yourself from - not your neighbor, though also applicable - our governing body... you know, that we might retain that little thing we call freedom. So how is my 2A right NOT being taken away by restrictions on what I can own when what I can own puts me (and us) at a GROSS disadvantage to resist the very military that would be the government's tool to enforce civilian suppression? They got cool stuff! Have you seen their stuff?! Yeah, I'm sure my .40 plinking away at a missile equipped thermal imaging laser guided night vision unmanned drone will have them running scared?!

This is the BIGGEST load of BS I have ever seen in my life!

Signs in stores saying no guns? If I wanna take my gun into church, WAWA, or a freggin' job interview it shouldn't be an issue. Who sells what or provides what service that has ANY impact on my exercising my rights?

How in the HELL did ANY of this get this far?

I hope this post isn't breaking any board rules, I am humbly sorry. I'm just absolutely beside myself how obvious and wide spread this is... and we're hoping they don't confiscate?

These jerk-holes should be hoping we don't pull them out of their offices and tell them they no longer hold office - and are going to jail for committing a criminal act!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Unfortunately, the true purpose of gun control is control, not safety. But that wouldn't sound too good so you have other excuses that, as you've said, make no sense. Is a criminal going to be bothered by the lack of permission from .gov to have a firearm? To conceal a firearm? To obtain a firearm in under some arbitrary waiting period? No. No. And no.

Why do we have a myriad of seemingly ridiculous laws that deal with minutiae like whether a rifle has certain cosmetic features and another doesn't? Death by a thousand cuts.

Anti's found outright banning and confiscation was not likely to be successful so they began to nickle and dime legitimate firearm owners starting with "Saturday Night Specials".

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    That's the liberal way. Slow, steady, unrelenting, conquering itty bitty portions of ground over long periods of time until one day they reach that originally intended long term goal.

This is sad sad sad. And you're right, as much as anyone else who states it - laws don't stop law breakers.

Everything is exactly opposite of what should be.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's the liberal way. Slow, steady, unrelenting, conquering itty bitty portions of ground over long periods of time until one day they reach that originally intended long term goal.

This is sad sad sad. And you're right, as much as anyone else who states it - laws don't stop law breakers.

Everything is exactly opposite of what should be.

And this is exactly how we will get our rights back.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    eh, with all the rules and regulations, and hoops and hurdles, and bans and prohibitions, crime is pretty much non-existent now and we can all walk the streets safely and securely.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And this is exactly how we will get our rights back.

I personally think they will go to far and there will be revolution 2.0. That is just my opinion. I hope it happens your way.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Signs in stores saying no guns? If I wanna take my gun into church, WAWA, or a freggin' job interview it shouldn't be an issue. Who sells what or provides what service that has ANY impact on my exercising my rights?

You are talking about private property. As a property owner they can post thier property as they see fit. You can also choose to go to other establishments.

Otherwise, I think we should be able to get carry permits. Then your permit acts as your background check.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I am APPALLED with the extent that my rights have been violated and infringed upon!....These jerk-holes should be hoping we don't pull them out of their offices and tell them they no longer hold office - and are going to jail for committing a criminal act!

Welcome to reality.

I learned to shoot in the Cub Scouts (50+ years ago), but went anti-gun after JFK, RFK and Lennon were shot. Like many on the anti- side, I drew alotta wrong conclusions and accepted alot of nonsense on faith from people I respected or looked up to (I've since learned to CHALLENGE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING MY OWN BELIEFS).

(Parenthetically, just before the '86 so-called "Firearm Owners Protection Act" was signed (by Reagan!), my best friend, then an FFL, told me to invest in machine guns because they're gonna skyrocket in value after the ban goes into effect. Stupidly, I didn't follow his advice.)

Since then, a number of events took place that shattered my anti- beliefs and proved, pretty conclusively, that I'd been on the wrong side all along. But, unlike most leftists, I was able to admit my mistake and correct it. Few others on that side can or will; they're much too "open-minded" to consider views that run counter to their own. Leftists are akin to two year-old children—they don't process information logically and're likely to throw a tantrum when they don't get their way. Further, they're more than willing to break any law or cut any corner to get what they feel is right. It is what it is.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I personally think they will go to far and there will be revolution 2.0. That is just my opinion. I hope it happens your way.

Not a revolution, but a civil war. MD will still probably be on the bad side of the occupation line when the truce is called - same as last time :sad20:

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    You are talking about private property. As a property owner they can post thier property as they see fit. You can also choose to go to other establishments.

Otherwise, I think we should be able to get carry permits. Then your permit acts as your background check.

Public accommodations do not work that way.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Just a point, A "Permit" IE Permission slip is what results when the Government steals your right from you, and then decided to "sell" it back to you...

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    It's funny you make this post. Just the other day I was discussing MD laws with my cousin, an avid shooter from PA, and the fact that Bushmaster is banned by name. From my searching it came out of a shooting spree. One of the rifles used I think? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That led me to thinking, how many Glocks have killed hundreds? Why aren't they banned? Just saying.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just a point, A "Permit" IE Permission slip is what results when the Government steals your right from you, and then decided to "sell" it back to you...

Agree in broad terms, but slightly disagree in the functional.

I would rather have full permitless carry among the law-abiding... but, in a world where so many 'questionables' walk among us (especially when they're prematurely restoring rights to felons), I'd much rather see carry permits as a validation of our lawful status, if only to differentiate us from the others.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It's funny you make this post. Just the other day I was discussing MD laws with my cousin, an avid shooter from PA, and the fact that Bushmaster is banned by name. From my searching it came out of a shooting spree. One of the rifles used I think? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That led me to thinking, how many Glocks have killed hundreds? Why aren't they banned? Just saying.

The Bushmaster on the ban list is NOT a Bushmaster Brand AR 15. It is not an AR15 at all. It was an entirely different rifle that was not widely produced. The original ban list was drawn up by a couple of Diane Feinstein's aides back in 1989. They literally bought a Gun Digest (or a Guns and Ammo Annual???) at a news stand and picked out the rifles that looked scary.

At that time, Bushmaster did not even manufacture AR15s.

Maryland State Police were always perfectly aware of that fact, and of course, they still are. Bushmaster AR15s were always treated like any other ARs: HBARs were unregulated/ cash and carry while non-HBARs required the 7 day wait.

Only after 2013 did MSP suddenly start pretending that "Bushmaster" on the List referred to a brand name. They know perfectly well it never did.

Here is the Bushmaster Rifle which the List refers to:

928509_01_original_gwinn_bushmaster_assa_640.jpg

NOT an AR15, and out of production for many years.

There was another Bushmaster BULLPUP Rifle which many believe was the one listed by Feinstein's aides, but apparently this one here is the actual banned rifle.

The Maryland State Police have known this all along. That's why many THOUSANDS of Bushmaster BRAND HBAR AR15s were sold here as cash-and-carry.

This slimy mendacity just really, really pisses me off.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was talking with a dealer of miscellany from VA at the Timonium show last weekend, and he was continually astounded at the explanations we gave him of MD law, in several areas.

We're outliers here... and need to keep making more (and more) noise with the Critterati

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    The Bushmaster on the ban list is NOT a "Bushmaster Brand" AR 15. It was an entirely different rifle that was not widely produced. The original ban list was drawn up by a couple of Diane Feinstein's aides back in 1989. They literally bought a Gun Digest (or a Guns and Ammo Annual???) at a news stand and picked out the rifles that looked scary.

At that time, Bushmaster did not even manufacture AR15s.

Maryland State Police were always perfectly aware of that fact, and of course, they still are. Bushmaster AR15s were always treated like any other ARs: HBARs were unregulated/ cash and carry while non-HBARs required the 7 day wait.

Only after 2013 did MSP suddenly start pretending that "Bushmaster" on the List referred to a brand name. They know perfectly well it never did.

See that's why I ask questions. Looking at the list i see it's a Bushmaster ACR that is banned. So technically Bushmaster HBAR in AR15 platform would be legal?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    See that's why I ask questions. Looking at the list i see it's a Bushmaster ACR that is banned. So technically Bushmaster HBAR in AR15 platform would be legal?

NO!

It is NOT the ACR. That rifle did not exist in 1989.

The banned Bushmaster on the List is ONLY that fugly boxy looking thing in the photo above.

Here's another photo:

protect.pl

The Maryland State Police know that perfectly well.

The MSP is operating outside the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom