• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I'm looking for a good place to shop for fishing waders. I'm looking for quality breathable waders chest length. Browse will be used for trout fishing. I was at bass pro last night but I would like to see what other stores offer. Also is there a place in MD that sells LL Bean?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Don't know where you are, but I think there's an LL Bean store at Tyson's Corner, VA.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    There used to be an Orvis store near the mall in Tysons too. Probably cost an arm and a leg though.

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    The queens town location has been closed. I just called. I'm really not a fan of driving to NOVA in Tysons corner, but I may have to. Amazon is looking good too.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    There's a fishing shop on eastern ave in Baltimore city that stocks fly fishing gear including waders.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Bass Pro has better waders in the Fly Fishing shop. I missed them the first few times I bought waders there.

A stocking foot set usually lasts me 2 summers. I get the same life out of winter neoprene boot waders.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I'm going into my third year with a pair of Frogg Toggs Hellbenders. They needed a patch on a seam a few weeks ago (fishing the Gunpowder in the winter is not an enjoyable time to find a leak), but otherwise they have held up fine, especially when they cost a fraction of what some other brands do. I am not at all careful of my waders, and they have withstood sliding down banks and rocks and bulling my way through thorns.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    There's an Orvis affiliate in Frederick. Call ahead, I don't remember if they stock waders. I have a set of waders from Orvis I got in 2004. They held up to three years of fishing Pennsylvania waters until I stopped going to PA. The Orvis shop in Tysons Corner has shrunk its fly fishing section to a quarter of what it used to be. So sad. The LL Bean store at the Tysons Corner Galleria is huge. At some point I will be going stream fishing again, but it's such a hike from where I live now.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Backwater Angler, which is up near the Gunpowder River. They used to have a good selection, but I haven't been up there in years, so you should call first.

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    I plan on getting out there early tomorrow. I check the waders I have now and they are going to leak, so I'll be sticking to the shores until I find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom