SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Can FFL's serialize a firearm I made?

I don't believe they can.

Isn't this like the binary trigger ban? If I remember correctly, the state wanted owners to ask the ATF for approval to keep them... which the ATF doesn't do- so they could never get approval.

So they found a loophole to say "well we gave you the option to keep them but you failed to do so. Hand em' over!"

And of course the liberal court allowed it. Total nonsense.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Many people added serial numbers to there 80% builds own there own over the years.
    How will an FFL put a serial number on a firearm that already has a serial number ??

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The bill is CLEARLY designed to disarm the typical hobbyist of their 80% builds, Typically a suburban/rural, conservative patriotic person.

The punishment is a misdemeanor punishable UPTO 3 years and 10K
    Currently in MD street thugs are NOT being jailed for misdemeanors, there is NO deterrent in this bill for a street thug to acquire an 80% build.
    On the other side, a gun hobbyist would lose ALL there firearms and the right to ever own any in the future, they would likely see 3-9 month is jail, enough to lose their job and home.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The animus is no different than wanting Saturday night specials banned. The people have more access to arms because of this style of ownership. Can’t have that.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...01034102_20-843 Amici Brief revised cover.pdf
    7b897eb9dee45b81a38e38a2e23a6224.jpg

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    The animus is no different than wanting Saturday night specials banned. The people have more access to arms because of this style of ownership. Can’t have that.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...01034102_20-843 Amici Brief revised cover.pdf
    7b897eb9dee45b81a38e38a2e23a6224.jpg

Law of unintended consequences: having dried up the supply of cheap .22 and .32 revolvers, thugs moved on to Cobray M11s and, once they were banned (about the same time the company went out of business because of a divorce) they moved on to stolen Glocks in 9mm, which tend to be more lethal to those on the receiving end.

It's almost as if criminals will always find a way to arm themselves.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's almost as if criminals will always find a way to arm themselves.

Always. It's a hydra. They are trying to fight a hydra by cutting the head off the people the hydra is attacking. It's not going to do a fvcking thing. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Many people added serial numbers to there 80% builds own there own over the years.
    How will an FFL put a serial number on a firearm that already has a serial number ??

Because two serial numbers offset the extra killyness of the “ghost gun”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

this is my problem

The " FU F " isn't gonna get changed easily.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I can make that a stencil for electro-etching if you like.

Mrs. Occam just got a fancy new air-powered engraving system (the sort of stuff you see artists using on guns, jewelry and the like for very delicate work). It uses a compressor to supply a very complex machine that regulates air to the hand tools that in turn act like tiny, tiny jackhammers. The actual graving working tool is a metal implement a few inches long, that mounts to the active device. They are unthinkably sharp carbide (and she has a fancy-pants honing machine with large disks of diamond abrasives and super precise jigs to mate the tools to the surface at the right angles). She says those long sharp implements could be used to grave serial numbers, but they'd be more useful to stick through the eyeballs and directly into the gray matter of anyone who thinks this BS is going to prevent a single crime, ever. What a sweetie she is.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mrs. Occam just got a fancy new air-powered engraving system (the sort of stuff you see artists using on guns, jewelry and the like for very delicate work). It uses a compressor to supply a very complex machine that regulates air to the hand tools that in turn act like tiny, tiny jackhammers. The actual graving working tool is a metal implement a few inches long, that mounts to the active device. They are unthinkably sharp carbide (and she has a fancy-pants honing machine with large disks of diamond abrasives and super precise jigs to mate the tools to the surface at the right angles). She says those long sharp implements could be used to grave serial numbers, but they'd be more useful to stick through the eyeballs and directly into the gray matter of anyone who thinks this BS is going to prevent a single crime, ever. What a sweetie she is.
    lol. I shudder to think what it cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom