• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Also $30 - and I also consider that completely reasonable. There are higher fees and less efficient shops for sure!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Started replacing parts on my Turknelli last night. Didn’t get very far. Upside: the mesa tactical Urbino stock dropped on easily and the bolt recommended by erwos worked perfectly. Downside: could not get the factory extractor and extractor spring out. I don’t know what they did to that pin, but it feels soldered in there. Will give it another go with a smaller roll pin punch when I have time again, but so far all I’ve done is raise a big burr at the edge of the access hole. Which in and of itself is a little strange, as I did not hit it there. I went ahead and knocked the burr off. I wonder if Aksa only heat treated the bolt face and left the rest soft? If I can’t get it next try, I may be the guy who spends half the cost of the shotgun on a Benelli bolt to see if it drops in. The TTI charging handle is going to need to be turned down slightly to fit in the carrier, but that’s easy enough. I have a friend with a lathe and blue dykem. This was obviously not a surprise given I ordered my charging handle after erwos said his wasn’t a great fit.

Didn’t get any farther on the parts installations because I can’t find my snap ring pliers to take down the OEM magazine tube. Seems like a bad idea to hit it with a plumbing torch to take it off while the spring and follower are still in there.

Also went through and tightened a bunch of screws to correct torque value.

I suppose I should not be surprised RE: the soft bolt material and stuck extractor pin. I wanted a project gun, and I got a project gun.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Started replacing parts on my Turknelli last night. Didn’t get very far. Upside: the mesa tactical Urbino stock dropped on easily and the bolt recommended by erwos worked perfectly. Downside: could not get the factory extractor and extractor spring out. I don’t know what they did to that pin, but it feels soldered in there. Will give it another go with a smaller roll pin punch when I have time again, but so far all I’ve done is raise a big burr at the edge of the access hole. Which in and of itself is a little strange, as I did not hit it there. I went ahead and knocked the burr off. I wonder if Aksa only heat treated the bolt face and left the rest soft? If I can’t get it next try, I may be the guy who spends half the cost of the shotgun on a Benelli bolt to see if it drops in. The TTI charging handle is going to need to be turned down slightly to fit in the carrier, but that’s easy enough. I have a friend with a lathe and blue dykem. This was obviously not a surprise given I ordered my charging handle after erwos said his wasn’t a great fit.

Didn’t get any farther on the parts installations because I can’t find my snap ring pliers to take down the OEM magazine tube. Seems like a bad idea to hit it with a plumbing torch to take it off while the spring and follower are still in there.

Also went through and tightened a bunch of screws to correct torque value.

I suppose I should not be surprised RE: the soft bolt material and stuck extractor pin. I wanted a project gun, and I got a project gun.

The ejector pin isnt straight down in the hole, its set into the side of the hole, but you may know this.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I had to use an EXTREMELY small diameter punch to get the extractor out. None of my typical roll pin punches were small enough. You basically need to get the pin out just enough so you can pull it the rest of the way with needle nose pliers. Surprised no one's made a curved tool specifically for doing Benelli extractor removal.

(Benelli bolt should drop in based on other things I've read.)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got the extractor pin out easy enough with a 1/16 roll pin punch. It doesn’t need to come out all the way, just enough to release the extractor.

The biggest problem I had getting the new extractor in, was that I was trying to install it with the spring on the wrong side. The spring obviously goes to the rear (left side). Once I got that figured out it was an easy swap.

Attachments

• 9447C0AB-CBE2-4837-B38C-DE48418B9A08.jpg
      9447C0AB-CBE2-4837-B38C-DE48418B9A08.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 141

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My FAT wrench was clicking at 15 inch pounds on my picatiny rail as it came from the factory. I didn’t bother to take it off an locktite it just yet.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I got the extractor pin out easy enough with a 1/16 roll pin punch. It doesn’t need to come out all the way, just enough to release the extractor.

The biggest problem I had getting the new extractor in, was that I was trying to install it with the spring on the wrong side. The spring obviously goes to the rear (left side). Once I got that figured out it was an easy swap.
    My extractor pin looks like it has a bead of solder or something else on it. Can’t get it to budge following the tutorials from the interwebz.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Strange. That’s from the top looking down I assume?
    the side that’s down in a hole and off to the side has shiny material on top of and all around it. Doesn’t look like melted lead. At first I thought it was just mushroomed out but the material looks blended into the bolt. I’m going to take it to my machinist friend and see what he thinks is going on. If he can’t figure it out, I may give it a kiss from my plumbing torch to see if it will melt off like solder would.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I just ordered one from Battlehawk. I’m transfering through Tyler Firearms so I’ll see how the transfer works out too.

Last edited:

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I just ordered one from Blackhawk. I’m transfering through Tyler Firearms so I’ll see how the transfer works out too.

How much are you guys paying for these from
    There, it appeared to be over 500.00? If so you are overpaying.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I noticed my receiver has a slight cutout edge here. Normal or is this damage? Gun is unfired.

Attachments

• 7DBB9CFE-9871-4FB9-8453-D93143CE1745.jpg
      7DBB9CFE-9871-4FB9-8453-D93143CE1745.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 151

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads